POLL: Current expectations for 2019/20

Mine is to have a 12" ■■■■■ , buy hey that’s not going to happen either

1 Like

Nor me. Dread the the thought of having a piece chopped off :smile:

4 Likes

A club with a mid table league two budget last season will probably have a lower mid table league two budget this season. New manager and completely new team, would be unfair to predict anything more than where our budget places us.

3 Likes

Relegated based on signings so far.

That’s so pessimistic. You have seen the standard of football in League 2 haven’t you?

:roll_eyes:

Not since the last time we were down there but then again I’m a pessimistic person by nature.

Anything lower than the play offs is a crap season. I expect a crap season.

Eh?
Yet you are supremely confident that Gordon will score more than Cook?

1 Like

Different division but same expectations as any other season hope for at least a play off place fear a fight against relegation and expect mid table.

Cook scored a ■■■■ load and we got relegated :man_shrugging:t2:

That’s right - just think what he will do in a side that will probably be challenging at the top end…

Our defence surely won’t be as bad as last season though so Gordon’s goals should add more points.

1 Like

I’m sure he’ll do just fine.

Hopefully

That’s as long as he’s not sold before the season starts.

1 Like

Don’t even go there @Gavin77 :roll_eyes:

Very well put, S-S. I expect (think will happen) that we will struggle to make the play-offs as I’m not expecting enough decent signings to be made. I expect (want to happen) that we should be challenging for the top 3. The problem with Boner’s business model is that he didn’t invest when we were on the up: he didn’t give Colin Lee the money to sign a couple of decent players when we were 10th in the Championship. He also didn’t invest when Richard Money had us in the play-off positions or after we had just missed out on promotion in 2016. Consequently, we keep losing momentum when, with a bit of considered investment, could have seen us consolidate at a higher level. Jeff didn’t do that and now we seen to be in a bit of a death spiral. Only one man can really do much about it: question is: will he?

7 Likes

No ,

3 Likes

I assumed the question was rhetorical.

1 Like

I like Gordon but i would not be relying on him to be our main goalscorer.personally be dissapointed if an experienced striker isnt bought in to replace Cook.

2 Likes