Pomlett or Bonser?

Think that should read ‘any progress on the pitch is irrelevant’, as is customer service and stadium upkeep.
As long as the bosses rent is paid in full on time, the bosses lacky board will continue to do his bidding…sod that annoying footy team that they have to accommodate.

3 Likes

Totally agree, but I would add that’s its also almost impossible with our recruitment policy. Anyone that performs noticeably well for us will be away in the next transfer window, either for a quick buck to help balance the books without having to do any actual work at board level, or simply back to their parent club or signed permenantly by ANother.

2 Likes

Question: was Bonser good for Walsall FC?

Bought the club? Check.
Bought the stadium? Check.
Bought the land? Check.
Extracted millions? Check.
Sold the freehold? Nope.
Sold the stadium? Nope.
Sold the club? Check (probably for more than the £1 he paid for it)
Left someone else to be the fall guy while he laughs all the way to the bank? Check.
Laughing while people seek to pin everything on his replacement? Check.

Bonser lucked out with other, more competent, people around him, and a string of circumstances that were right for the time. Mike Lloyd, Paul Taylor spring to mind for people, having land and full entertainment facilities also helped.

The club still seems to think these decades-old innovations are still a springboard to some sort of future. Pomlett needs to be able to put Covid behind the club and see the reality - something has to change. Preferably the cash-sucking vampires at board level. He might have known them for years, but as the owner he now has a higher calling.

It’s time to admit it’s not just a manager that has to be the fall guy to protect incompetence.

9 Likes

I like this new ‘check’ post format. There are ASCII symbols (☐ :ballot_box_with_check: ☒) or emojis ( :white_check_mark: :x:) which will take them to the next level.

2 Likes

Patronising. :+1:t4:

Blame years of Bonser rubbing off on me.

Hold on, that sounds wrong.

3 Likes

Bonser for me.

POMLETT is Bonser mk 2 only

A) Without a brain
B) Without any money
C) Without any football knowledge

Walsall s equivalent of Abdallah the Oldham chairman

What a surprise…… Not! :crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Neither!

Fullerton or Liera ? :joy:

Who would you suggest then?

Somebody with money to invest. I quite like Pomlett but he doesn’t have the resources to make us a better club, on or off the pitch.

Bonser wouldn’t sell to anyone capable of upsetting his pension though.

3 Likes

What person in their right mind, with money, would want to buy a club which didn’t own its ground? Pomlett was just about the only option we had.

Your talking complete rubbish

You asked me who I would want, not if it were feasible! Bonser has stitched us up by dividing the freehold from the ownership of the club - it makes it very difficult for someone to come in and takeover - hence why Pomlett is in charge now. We need a multimillionaire with some attachment to Walsall - know any?

1 Like

Nope. Fair enough, you were answering the question from an ideal point of view, I was looking at it practically. Both are valid answers.

1 Like

Pomlett every time. Bonser is the one that put is in this situation and it should never be forgotten.

That being said I guess in the end we still exist to pay the rent.

6 Likes

Up to you to back that up with examples. He had plenty of opportunities over the years, but didn’t, because he was happy with his cash cow.

5 Likes

Exile is spot on. The Leech had plenty of chances to establish a strong financial base for the club but preferred, instead, to line the pockets of his brother and himself to the detriment of the club. I see little prospect of the club ever being rid of this financial mill-stone.

18 Likes