Pomlett’s Briefing

Absolute radio silence so far from the Club today…

1 Like

Dutton latest article in the express and star today suggests he’s going nowhere

1 Like

They’re quotes lifted directly from the post match interview on Friday. I wouldn’t read too much into that.

& why should he? He’s employed as a first team coach & has 18 months left on his contract. He was asked to fill in the managerial position until the end of this season only.
There’s no reason to sack him. Support him, yes!

6 Likes

If Dutton does stay and doesn’t improve us it’s unlikely he will join another league team anytime soon!
If he steps down to assistant and builds up his experience he may still have a chance in the football league! Risky business for him!

Agreed - Friday nights result and performance was disappointing. The results since Brian Dutton took charge uninspiring. However I think people need to step back and take a breath. Brian will almost certainly be managing the club tomorrow night, if he is I’ll be supporting him and the team in their bid to stop the rot.
I imagine Leigh’s briefing today will be a plea to have a little more patience, appreciating that the performance levels are well below satisfactory. There is plenty of Monday left for this briefing to occur!! Surely folks have better things to do than press F5 on the Walsall Official webpage…

1 Like

He shouldn’t be here cause he’s part of Clarke set up and we need a clean slate. He should be gone and let sadler take over until we’ve got a replacement. We need someone who’s gonna stick to 1 formation not someone who’s gonna tinker every single game when we can’t even do the basics right. That’s why he shouldn’t be here. I can’t wait to hear pomlett justify this one

1 Like

Also anyone who’s watched us this season when we’ve played wing backs thinks that’s the answer shouldn’t be involved in football

You know it’s bad when I’m seeing people on here I’ve never seen before and I’ve been on here nearly 2 years so when people say it’s the minority that are getting upset I’d beg to differ this is serious Leigh’s making a big mistake here and I fear for him it’s such a shame he can’t see it.

1 Like

I agree that he should keep to a simple formation & play in form players in their best positions. For this he needs someone with a bit of experience & authority to advise him.
With a bit of guidance he could become a great coach.

Maybe, but maybe ur wrong? This isn’t the time to experiment. We need leadership now and someone who knows how to drill one formation.

2 Likes

Nice piece from @RobHarv3y amongst the other views on here.

3 Likes

Indeed! It’s all about opinions & I could well be wrong!!!

Alfie Bates calling for “improved communication on the pitch to help them through their poor form.”

Glad he’s digging out the senior pro’s. They should know better &, painfully, it sounds like they don’t care…

1 Like

This is killing me keep looking at phone at work and still nothing whats going on

It’s actually going to come out at 7.15pm isn’t it.

2 Likes

Why leave the briefing until tonight. Is he trying to make me choke on my tea or something!!!

Is he doing this as a live event and allowing Q&A or posting it on YouTube and running to the hills ?

Asking for a friend LOL

He’s waiting for bonsor transcripts

1 Like