Port Vale (H) December 19th, 3pm

Kinsella all day long for me

1 Like

It’s mad that we’ve only lost 3 out of 19 league games. That’s impressive to be fair to DC and the squad.

Just send us the bill for what you buy :laughing:

Only sausage rolls from the farm shop mate :+1:t2::joy:

1 Like

Really hope nurse or jules are back for salford game we looked very weak down the left second half.

3 Likes

White was a weak point today. Nurse, Jules or CCM need to play there.

2 Likes

As always we SOTV :relaxed: :laughing: :heart_eyes: :hugs:

5 Likes

Well done Scrimshaw. Fully engaged his football brain, timing his runs perfectly. Same again next week please.

3 Likes

This time a few weeks ago, i was one of the fans calling for his head and saying how we had no direction etc etc

How wrong I have been - Acted hastily - all through the passion for this club.

Long may it continue and fair play to DC and the boys

UTS

4 Likes

Need to be on phone first thing in the morning to Bournemouth and extend the loan until end of the season.

Legitimate supersub option now so adds to the really exciting attack that has reformed in last two weeks.

1 Like

That joke was criminal @Andy_Petterson

1 Like

And somehow we lost to Southend…

We have gone from being a boring side, solid defence drawing lots of games to one that looks dangerous everytime we attack.

To me, the big change is stopping having two holding midfielders and pushing Kinsella forward. Again today, he made a difference.

I was one who thought Scrimshaw was out of his depth. Looked a super striker today.

The changes seemed madness but there were 2 improvements with the mobility up front and more creativity from midfield. I’m assuming Norman was injured.

1 Like

I not sure they will be 2 happy now…

That was a ■■■■ game (quality and defending) but a ■■■■■■■ brilliant game (result and excitement) all at once. May there be many more like it.

Darrell will quite rightly get plaudits for the changes but his “secret” is to stop playing players out of position. White is not a left back, Scrimshaw is not a winger.

Sadler was always a competent left back in his first spell with us. If we are truly bereft he has to be the choice there.

Suddenly good choices up top too. Adebayo, Gordon, Scrimshaw in that order. You wonder about the Blues kid because he was on the fringes of Blues first team so he can’t be awful.

4 Likes

Not bad Rob

Yeah Sadler needs to start at Salford at LB if Nurse can’t be patched up in time…

With the quality Salford have upfront any weak spots at full back will be exposed so it’s a good game for an experienced head and then look again at the more winnable home games straight after.

1 Like

His positioning is awful same as his sense of direction, but his effort and willingness is second to none, very raw, but he does have a decent shot on him, good option to come of the bench late on to sneak a goal.

1 Like

They had one, but this man was behind us today

They all seem winnable or losable. We are just as likely to lose to the bottom team than to Salford.

1 Like

Perhaps a good job fans were not there today.
Can you imagine the stick DC would have got following the subs.