Port Vale Parking

Where is best place to park for the Vale game?
I’ll have my 8 year old son with me, so somewhere close (ish) to the ground would be good

There is a car park a few meters away but can be a bugga to get off after the game.

Yeah what Belph said. Think it was £5 last time I parked on there, been some years ago so it may have gone up.

I’ll walk there from Pelsall providing we do these over!

3 Likes

I have actually walked it there from Bescot with @belgian_saddler . I think I’d take a draw and get a lift back :rofl:

3 Likes

Be careful parking in these pop up car parks on factory’s, last time i went, about 5 people had their cars locked in because they were 15 mins late back to the car.
And had to go back next day to get it loosed out.

Have you really lads?? Wow what was that for charity or something?

Yes mate. It was for the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity in memory of P.C Julie Skidmore. April 2014. Was me and Belg and some of Julies family members who walked. Was tough, Belg runs half marathons and I eat kebabs. Very proud to say I completed it with a lot of support from Belg and his Dad who was driving alongside with refreshments and moral support. I don’t think I would ever do it again though !

4 Likes

An absolutely fantastic charity and a sterling effort from you both especially you fatty :wink: joking aside I said I’d walk for a win but think I’ll take you up on your offer of a draw and a lift it’s got to be 30 odd miles surely?

She was a lovely girl, i worked at her nan’s a couple of times in Hough place in the pleck, she had quite a few pics on the wall

1 Like

Not sure how late the multi story closes in Hanley but it’s only 10 minutes on the bus so that might be an option although no idea on the timetable around night.

When we went for the, ‘we nearly got promoted’, game, I parked on the main road (Hamil Road), just up from the ground.

There are lots of side streets within walking distance of the ground where you can park.

I’m guessing that most sat navs will take you from M6 Jn 16 to join the A500 then off onto the A53, but I prefer to carry on to the next exit after the A53 and come in on the B road into Burslem (Newcastle Street). Just before the brow of the hill (there’s a mini-roundabout at the top if you overshoot) there are a few streets on the left hand side where there are no yellow lines or permit schemes and plenty of spaces not taken up by the residents. My usual is Blake Street - close enough that it’s not a hike, far enough away to avoid any traffic.

Parked there on several occasions and no hassle on any of them. Have previously tried closer to the ground - e.g. there’s a warren of streets and houses just past the ground, but they’re all narrow and double parked even without the football traffic so have to get there very early to stand a chance of finding empty spot. Think that elsewhere there are some restrictions.

Less than 5 minutes walk into the centre of Burslem for the Bull’s Head - away fan and kid friendly, good beer (it’s the Titanic brewery tap), and they may have the BBQ on the go in the beer garden. Another less than 5 minutes walk from.there to the ground. There is also a small parking area in the square in front of the Bull’s Head but no idea if it is free or time limited (and it’s always been full when I’ve been anyway).