Port vale Saturday

Looks like the Burslem lot will be coming in numbers on Saturday. They have already sold 1450 tickets and have asked for more. Will be a great atmosphere if our fans turn up in numbers.
I’m looking forward to another win for the lads. UTS

1 Like

Unlikely… but would be great to get 4500 of our own fans there Saturday and really get behind the team.then there would be a 6k + gate and a smashing atmosphere.

3 Likes

They’ve sold out behind the goal then and I guess we will give them another 800 or so on the side. In their form and league position you’d expect them to sell those and bring over 2,000.

Shame we are not up there competing with them for the play-offs as we would be in for a cracking attendance.

1 Like

Got a few nutters have the vale can see there being a bit extra on the police bill if 2000 plus are coming down especially when we come from 2-0 down to beat them with an injury time winner :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We’ve given them an extra 650, which I reckon they will shift. So 2,100 of them.

I don’t really understand why we limit them. We could easily accommodate a further thousand of them in total by using the Away ends of both side stands.

I always think it is a real shame if people are denied the chance to go to a football match when there will be thousands of empty seats at that match. There’s also the revenue. An extra 1,000 would mean around £20k minus whatever extra cost that thousand folk might necessitate.

Anyway, will be nice to see the ground half full and whilst we don’t have a lot to play for a local derby should create a decent atmosphere.

4 Likes

Be a nice change in this league to see a good following.

2 Likes

Not sure we can without moving season ticket holders which isn’t going to happen at late notice. 2,100 is what Coventry got last year and is behind the goal and roughly up to the half way line of the family stand. Have we ever put away fans in the last block of the main stand? (B team trophy doesn’t count)

Sure Wolves had that part of the main stand when we played them in the league

Yes and we’ve done the same for Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

The game does have a little bit of excitement about it too (albeit it very little) - should we beat Vale then we will be within two results of the top 7, with relatively easy trips to Macclesfield and Stevenage coming up.

Its the hope that kills you…

6 Likes

How many times have i told myself that in relation to games such as Morecambe and Carlisle :see_no_evil: :wink:

4 Likes

I did think the same. Drew with both at home, however, we are better away sometimes.

2 Likes

A charming view from some Vale fans:

19 hours ago, PVFC123 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised now to see some go in the home ends a joke off a club not giving us more.

“That’s why we need to get out of this league it’s full of Mickey Mouse clubs”

1 Like

“We GIVED them over 3000” :joy:

I’ve always liked Port Vale. Not often I feel posh but I always do when I see their lot.

3 Likes

Reading a fair few Vale got tickets in our end too?

Be a very interesting day

1 Like

Walsall town centre will be fun Saturday dinner time :rofl:

1 Like

100%!! Also places like Blocko and Rugley will have a few hanging around!

Hope the boys come out and give them a real good go on the pitch too give the fans summat too cheer about so them inbreeds dont get too much on top!

1 Like

Totally agree mate I’d be starting with the formation we changed to just after Josh’s goal went in 4-2-3-1 so I believe get into em ■■■■ em off get into em ■■■■ em off!!

2 Likes

I saw your pics too SAturday… In the upper?

Any good up there?

Should of dived in block 4 son :wink:

1 Like