Pre-KO build up / run-out music

A few years ago, as kick-off approached, I reckon that the club got this spot with the Pirates theme, the fanfare as the players walked out, then ‘Ring of Fire’. It got people on their feet (visiting fans too) and really built a great atmosphere.

Unfortunately for the (curtailed) season before last, the club changed the build up programme and the it was never quite the same. It was all a bit ‘Meh’.

I hope that for the coming season we return to the same formula we used previously. It doesn’t have to be ‘Ring of Fire’ but something similar that supporters can participate in, on their feet, clapping, stamping.

1 Like

ONE STEP BEYONDDDDD is the answer here

5 Likes

Anyone remember the jazz theme at Fellows Park? Was it St Louis Blues? Loved that.

1 Like

Should be Brock Lesnar’s theme to scare the opposition:

2 Likes

I quite liked that medley too (and Dario G’s Carnaval de Paris was used post 98 world cup for a while as was Safri Duo’s Played-A-Live).

We have used Republica’s Ready To Go before but if you want an uplifting song prior to kick off which has a local connection then this, in my opinion, is the best option:

9 Likes

Good choice.It brought back memories of the N’ Betweens (former name of Slade) in Walsall Town Hall circa 1967!!! They were twice as loud as everybody else!!!

We play music pre-match? I need to leave the pub earlier. :astonished:

I’d say anything by The Prodigy, or some Metal. Or summat dancey/trancey. Something uplifting.
Not sure how often I’ll hear it.

3 Likes

Good football would be a big help as well.

4 Likes

Great idea - somebody get onto the club and suggest this.

Great idea - somebody get onto the club and suggest this.

2 Likes

At least they got rid of that awful dirge after teams run to their own ends…I think (given I haven’t been to a game in over 18 months now).

Personally just happy if they read the team line up again, would get a bigger cheer than when they do it at 2.45 with barely 1k in their seats.

Would personally go for a bit of Van Halen though, Jump always gets me going so that would be a decent walk on track.

We definitely need something people can sing and clap to. The music we had not too long ago was awful, so boring.

1 Like

Remember when we used to run out to Anchors Aweigh. Never understood why? We are landlocked, miles from the sea! I didn’t like StarShip’s, nothings gonna stop us, but when I hear it now the lyrics resonate with the spirit of Graydon’s team.
Maybe it is time for the club to ask supporters for suggestions and then vote on them until a consensus is reached?
Might be asking too much?

1 Like

Crank up some System Of A Down

2 Likes

I think we should change the colour of the kit to all dark blue and then the team could run out to In The Navy.

What was the very old version with the words merry month of may in it ?

Hard to Beat - Hard Fi. Worked under Dickie Dosh and hopefully we will be hard to beat! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Not as run out music but a couple of tunes before should be this.

Kasabian - Underdog

2 Likes

What was the very old version with the words merry month of may in it ?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.

Or, staying with the Western theme, how about this:

1 Like