Pre season Poland

Just a thought how does the financial side of the trip get paid it can’t be cheap sending approximately 30 people away for a week , if WFC are paying, it just seems a little out of the ordinary if the budget is as tight as people are speculating .I suppose if it helps with team bonding with such a influx of new players then it’s money well spent.
Also why Poland, and why no game ? .Not that I have anything against Poland!

It was probably cheaper than Blackpool :joy:

1 Like

They’re going over on Rynair flight 2418 from an airfield near Tipton at 2am on Saturday morning,that lands in a field in Belarus at 4am,they then get a bus into Poland,arriving at Mrs Kowalski’s dorm style 2 star bed and breakfast, just in time for their first portion of the day of sauerkraut and cabbage.It’s only costing £15 per head.

2 Likes

There’s a behind closed door match arranged for Tuesday. No idea who the opponents are.

Can only be good for the squad to get away for a week. Sweep away the gloom of the last couple of years. Come back energized and familiar with each other. Saying it quitely but starting to look forward to the new season. And I like what iam seeing and hearing from Clarke. In DC I am beginning to trust… P. S just give us that experienced striker who will bag us 15-20goals now please DC and I will be happy. UTS

3 Likes

Time travelling as well? They’re not gong until Sunday!! :joy:

Mansfield paid for it, along with refunding us Cook’s wages for last season, cheers Mansfield, very kind of them.

1 Like

:wink: That’s what they told you is it?

Well there had better be some players I recognise at Nuneaton on Saturday afternoon! :grin:

1 Like

Sounds and seems to be in the same category as Dickie Dosh , as in he won’t take any ■■■■ from anyone , or any false promises from a Chairman .
Hope this works out for us as a club , and he doesn’t get ■■■■■■ off with a lack of ambition from up stairs

2 Likes

Funded as a Walsall MBC cultural exchange visit designed to nurture social compatibility with a European neighbour with significant investment opportunity in the area of Sunday Markets… :roll_eyes:

Hope it works better than the Lakes gig.

Warsaw Fc

1 Like

are Dobson and Ferrier going to poland ??

No Coventry and Sunderland :rofl::wink:

4 Likes

Ferrier won’t go to Coventry , he got sent there last season by Cook and a couple of the others …

2 Likes

Very out the ordinary. Our trip to Trinidad only went ahead cus their government paid for it.

30 return flights to Poland and accommodation has got to be near £15k.

1 Like

i go to Poland at least twice a year, but not there next week. Will be annoying if they are playing Wisla Krakow as we have very close friends who live 10 minutes walk from there. Mind you it would be frustrating to be there and then find it is behind close doors.

Just find your way to the ground with an identity card and camera around your neck and pretend to be press :smile: i did it once at edgbaston and got into the hospitality tents, i was three sheets to the wind before they threw me out, and i got out with 2 bottles of vodka as well :rofl:

3 Likes

You’ll probably find out further down the line the club have had a loan from a certain pension fund or chairman and it’ll end up costing the club a further £20 K…

2 Likes