Predictions for Saturday

Hi guys, thought id drop in and give my thoughts on Saturday’s game.

Was in a confident mood a few weeks back but now alittle subdued. We are still a good 4 maybe 5 players short, including a main striker target who should of been with us now. The loan deal to bring Marc McNulty from Reading is all agreed but we need EFL clearance due to a transfer embargo at their end. Pretty frustrating. We’ve had other targets to bring in but Mellon seems determined to get McNulty over the line. He had him on loan at Dundee Utd last season. Looks a player and scored 23 for Coventry at this level 3-4 years ago, but just hope he’s worth the wait.

It pretty much means we have little threat upfront Saturday. 5 strikers on the books but either young lads, unproven FL striker, and the big lad from Salford who’s goal record is awful.

Also Glatzel from Liverpool on loan. Still a young lad though and not sure how he will do. Highly rated at the Reds though.

My prediction? Either a 0-0, or 1-0 either way. Probably more likely a 1-0 Walsall victory. If we score Saturday it’s likely to be a header off a set piece (probably Peter Clarke) or one of our midfielders putting one in from 25 yards.

Players to watch out for from us? Ryan Watson looks a talent signed from Northampton, midfielder. Cogley at right back looks a player, signed from Birmingham and Chris Merrie from Wigan, centre mid. Although he might have to fill in at left back again with our two regulars there out injured.

Can see us having a slow start to the season but then picking up and finishing fairly strong.

Who should i look out for from your lads?

Give me a shout if you need any advice on trains, getting to the ground or pubs etc.

Cheers.

10 Likes

Tranmere 2 v Walsall 4

3 Likes

Wards delivery from the left may cause problems he’s getting on a bit now but played 30 games for Ipswich last season so he’s still got a good season in him plus Osadebe has in my opinion had a good pre season likes a pop from distance scored a cracker the other week anyway all the best for the game I’d take a point opening day away from home sounds like you’d take one too.

2 Likes

1-1 , cagey game with few chances.

1 Like

You do realise that @Tranmerefan is actually Micky Mellon :man_facepalming: :wink:

7 Likes

Where is the best place to park near the ground please?

Right outside the turnstile :grin: :wink:

3 Likes

If he is I’m sure he won’t listen to someone like me mate :rofl:

1 Like

Peter Clarke has been around for ever - remember him scoring at least once against us over the years.

1 Like

Based on what you said about Tranmere and that even our manager says we have work to do in the final third. I think 0-0 or 1-0, either way, sounds about right.

Rory Holden would have been the one I would have said watch out for, but it seems unlikely he will play. We appear to have built a solid unit with good characters rather than having one or two stand out players. We have a lot of new players though and I have only been to one game during pre-season.

All the best for the season anyway.

1 Like

Yo am a fountain of knowledge scoobster :wink:

Very kind of you to say so Chunkster

1 Like

you’d be lucky to get 2 goals from us mate lol.

Hi Jamie. I think the club offer paid parking to home and away fans in the club car park near the Mersey Clipper pub.

If your after free parking though and don’t mind a 5-10 minute walk theres a few places. I’m sure you have google maps etc on your phone? Handy one’s are probably near Victoria park in Higher Tranmere just on the side of the park. There will be spaces all round the park from Bebington Road and just off Bedford Road. Your looking at a 5-10 minute walk max with a few pubs on the way. And Well Lane (steep road) at the top which is a closer (ish) walk to the ground. It’s pretty straight forward and not effort. Just search the roads i’ve mentioned on Google Maps tomorrow night and i’m sure you’ll see what i mean. Hope this helps mate.

He’s 39 now. Still an unbelievable pro though and an ever present in 48 league games for us last season. Untrue effort for his age really. Chipped in with 5-6 goals too. A big threat from set pieces and glad he extended his stay as his experience is vital. I can see Tom Davies and Knight Percival starting though, just have a feeling.

1 Like

As I am obviously from the other side of the river I have knowledge of Tranmere and will be a 2-1 victory to Walsall.

Forgot to mention Callum McManaman too. Not sure if you guys remember him from his days at Wigan? Sunderland and West Brom too. Still only just turned 30 few months ago so hoping he’s still going to be at a good level. Scored a lob from 20 yards with his first touch on his debut in a friendly. Exciting signing but like i say not sure what his hunger will be like dropping down to L2 etc.

Didn’t he play in an FA Cup final for Wigan 2013 maybe? Might be wrong on that one.Seem to remember him having a great game.

1 Like

That’s correct. Looked a great talent but seems to have dropped massively. Was playing in Australia last season and with Luton in the Championship year before.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like