Promotion from National League

Always the managers fault here not the clowns running the show.

1 Like

The blokes on the board are useless arseholes obviously :smiley: but Clarke wasnā€™t without his faults especially the examples Iā€™ve just mentioned.

1 Like

Thats fair in some ways mate the difference is backing though and when he has been he has done well good team around him there and good owners.

1 Like

Itā€™s just another example of players/managers not doing well here - and doing better other places. Itā€™s become a familiar pattern.

Iā€™m not shocked given the fallout of the last 5 years.

Letā€™s hope Flynn has the same effect as Clarke had at Vale, and the club actually decide to back him this summer.

11 Likes

Abso bloody lutely

He has to mate or then what? its shit or bust for me now.

1 Like

Donā€™t think anyone is saying that he doesnā€™t have his faults, more that with the right backing and set up heā€™s a proven, successful manager at this level.

3 Likes

Yep, this place is a graveyard for talent.

Heā€™s now only 1 of 2 managers to come out of this place in the past 40 years, maybe, to go on to some level of success.

2 Likes

It didnā€™t work out at Walsall for whatever reasons. He looked like he was ill at times with the stress.

He has a pretty good CV for his age that a lot of managers would kill for. Letā€™s not forget why he left Walsall, because we sold players and gave him nothing to replace them with. A pretty wise move from him.

Iā€™m not sure what backing he has had at Port Vale, I read that their top earners were on Ā£1850 a week and we have heard stories that of what Wilkinson is on at Walsall. I guess having help with the recruitment at Vale has helped a lot.

Iā€™m not sure about giving him a 5 year deal though, there is only one winner from that deal and it wonā€™t be Port Vale.

9 Likes

I think thatā€™s as good a summary as any.

1 Like

Fancy grabbing a player by the throat and WWF slamming him into the ground then flying into a challenge like that minutes later I bet these managers despair at times :joy:

Watched Wrexham v Grimsby at my old manā€™s & what a cracking, good quality game it was!
The best footballing side was clearly, in my eyes, Grimsby & Iā€™m glad that they won.
Not fussed who wins the final next week though it seems clear to me that there is very little differentiation, quality-wise, between the National League & League 2ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, sounded a great game. Hope Grimsby come up, but I feel itā€™s one of those situations where theyā€™ve already given everything they have.

Get in Grimsby!! After the last 2 games I really hope they come up now.

1 Like

Wrexham get better attendances than we do. Glad its not them though

4 Likes

Gonna miss those 6 points off Vale like.

Also, why did we ever let Benning go?

1 Like

Completely, if god forbid this goes wrong and Flynn goes then it really will be a very long way back for Pomlett and Co.

I can perhaps understand your comparison in respect of financial investment but, Wrexham and Salford are as far apart as you can get. Wrexham are a proper club lucky enough to have received an unexpected financial boostā€¦ and i donā€™t begrudge them. Iā€™d much rather have them in the league than Salford, with their attendances, which are on a par with us, if not better.

Having said that, not unhappy that Grimsby have given themselves a chance to join us.

3 Likes

Despise Fail with every bone in my body but some things more important than football. Obviously wonā€™t mean a huge amount to DC in the big scheme of things but I for one donā€™t begrudge him a moment of light after what heā€™s been through. As for who comes upā€¦ couldnā€™t give a monkeys really, all got their positives and all good away days. Moors would be good a. cos never been there and b. iā€™d get a chance to rip the mick out of Karl from Bolt Thrower who now goes there since he got banned from St Andrews :sweat_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve averaged 8,114 at home this season. Whatever else you can say about them, their attendances are very good. What weā€™d give to average that many.

10 Likes