Promotion from National League

Yes was a bit of a bizarre comment. They’ve been taking 1500- 2000 plus away to a lot of places

1 Like

Bitterness and saltiness is rife on here.

We have moaned about not spending money for decades and look where it has got us.

Get off your high horses

Every single Walsall fan would love to have the owners and finances Wrexham do (their social media is first class) and to some degree even the Salford Owners.

And to say Wrexham get rubbish attendances is laughable.

5 Likes

I agree with everything except that bit :grin:

3 Likes

I did taste alittle sick in mouth as I was typing it lol

Perhaps not the owners butntheir finances certainly.

1 Like

Dam right I’d love to have their owners and dam right I’m jealous!

Yep, we sold a couple of players at the end of the Jan transfer window, but DC still had the use of them (ie Elijah and Jules) for the 5 months prior to that and we were still crap with them. Remember that he played Elijah on the wing, and didn’t play Jules regularly. The sale of these players was a convenient excuse for him to leave- he’d already lost most of the fans by then, and was probably already being tapped up by Vale at that stage.
Let’s also not forgot the absolute dross HE signed. These players failed to perform under him, and put extra strain on the decent players we had. Norman, James Clarke, Roberts, and Scarr have all done better under new managers.
I’m pleased for him given his personal circumstances, but let’s not remember the crap players HE signed, the crap football HE oversaw and the crap atmosphere HE presided over.

8 Likes

Andy Crosby / Darrell Clarke got vale promoted, time to get the beating stick out for Pomlett. The manager that brought some shocking players in constantly tinkered with formations i for one am glad Clarke left us hated his management style and he failed to achieve any sort of success or improvement.

4 Likes

Because Rico Henry was clearly the better full back at the time.

5 Likes

Nobody likes a moneybags club who buy their way to success. Wrexham are just the Man City of non league.

Happy to see them stay where they are for at least another season.

1 Like

And Benning is usually useless. If you’d glanced at OneValeFan site anytime over the last few weeks of season you’d have seen the shed loads of abuse he was getting from their lot, especially after his performance against us :grin:

2 Likes

We will miss them next season again anyway, @Belphegor is certain of it :laughing:

2 Likes

What were their attendances before the Hollywood take over

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what anyone is saying or disputing chap.

Traditionally they’ve always/usually been bigger than ours

1 Like

Very similar to ours, a league below and fairly unsuccessful on the pitch:

15/16 4,616
16/17 3,908
17/18 4,649
18/19 5,077
19/20 4,058

2 Likes

Yes suppose thinking about it they have always been a bigger club than WFC , international games there etc, and less local league competition

Plus they were old 2nd division for years, longer than us anyway. Smaller town but bigger club, like you say probably due to lack of local competition

1 Like

I wasn’t disappointed to see him go either to be fair. He messed up big style with his recruitment in his first window. It was a big rebuild and he clearly wasn’t up to that task. He was always up against it from then on and his attitude at times did him no favours with the fans.

Still his record at other clubs shouldn’t be overlooked, money or not there are plenty of managers that have had money and achieved nothing.

Only for a few years in the 70s.

I’m guessing we’d have a couple more thousand fans if we had Hollywood owners it’s incredible who crawls out the woodwork when money becomes involved.