Protest Saturday

There’ll still be some who politely clap on Saturday. As for me, I want to be involved in any protest action, unofficial or ‘official’.

I absolutely DON’T buy the ‘empty stadium’ argument unfortunately. Bonser/the spineless board want the place to be empty on Saturday, makes it nice and easy for them and there’ll be no trouble. They’ll know the ■■■■-storm that’s brewing and frankly given the chance it’d be behind closed doors. Empty stadiums won’t achieve anything at all, it’ll just justify further cuts to playing budget.

What needs to happen is a sustained, loud, hostile, angry protest during and after the match. I still don’t believe a lot of our fanbase has it in them anymore, I really don’t.

Personally I’m absolutely done with chosing the nice option to address these evasive, sanctimonous, unaccountable ■■■■■■■ cretins.

15 Likes

Spot on :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

The sad reality is that the leech will not go until he chooses or he pops his clogs… and then it’ll probably get handed down to Leech Jr.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

6 Likes

Bonser wont be there - and if our number one fan opts to return early from Cyprus, he wont give a flying ■■■■ when 15-20% of the 3000 walsall fans present giving him a a bit of stick. After all, they’ll still be paying a few pounds to the leech for the right to give him a bit of stick.

Hate to say it, but not giving the mean old ■■■■ money is the only thing that concerns him.

1 Like

Quite so … and who appointed that manager, despite the previous disaster of appointing a raw novice with no experienced support team to help him out? Everything done on the cheap, once again, just to protect the rent payments.

5 Likes

Yes, absolutely, I accept your point, albeit keates was hailed as the new saviour by many fans at the time. But, yes, it’s down to bonser and his financial dealings at the club that he didn’t want to go out and recruit a decent manager on proper money. And, yes, as much as I welcomed the appointment of Whitney, he was nowhere near experienced enough to take on the job of completely rebuilding the side after just missing promotion and, again, it was bonser’s job to see that and bring in someone with the knowhow.

To be honest, I think in the long run that’s true.

But thess players have been an absolute disgrace and need telling too. As do Mole and gamble.

The irony being that the last 3 managerial appointments have turned out to be expensive as we’ve had to pay the remainder of their contracts, so not cheap. Visionary there from the WFC leadership! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Some have, some haven’t. Some have tried to the best of their ability, some have not bothered, some have made trouble. It’s a manager’s job to bring in the right sort of characters. Keates failed horribly.

I’d say he shares that responsibility with Whitney. Half the squad are still his players particularly in defence. Whitney got rid of the likes of O’Connor and Preston and replaced them with a defence that almost got us relegated last season and is likely to succeed this season. Keates failed to then replace them.

2 Likes

What do you propose doing Saturday mate?

To be honest I think a visceral display of anger during and after the game.

But I like the suggestion on twitter of turning our backs on the player after a certain amount of minutes for example.

That would only look any good if a load join in - but rubbish otherwise.

I just think a general showing of discontent is best way forward here.

1 Like

I certainly plan on making my feelings known, start to finish. The club stinks of ineptitude from top to bottom - the buck stops with the man at the top.

Both should be linked .

If it’s fans ■■■■■■ off at relegation , or the whole set up of the club the earlier we start making the fans heard the better

1 Like

But that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny because keates signed almost 2 teams of players during his tenure including, if I’ve got it right, 7 defenders!

Certainly, in retrospect, we miss O’Connor and it would be interesting to know what really happened. But then, in the first half of last season, we had Wilson and if that had turned into a permanent signing instead of him being offered more money to warm the bench at Lincoln, I don’t think the rest of this sorry situation would have panned out.

1 Like

It’s déja vu, all over again :wink:

Unrest, followed by stirring of the natives, followed by invite from the club to discuss issues, followed by inertia, followed by further decline, followed by unrest …

Rinse and repeat

5 Likes

I like the turning of backs too. Advertise it everywhere. Get the media involved. Let everyone, inc players and staff, that it’s happening. They may or may not give a toss but I think we need to make a point

1 Like

How sad is it that so many of us are feeling exactly the same as you @Saddlertd

But if we just give in and turn a blind eye , and let this ■■■■ carry on regardless strip this club of ours dry of any true support and ambitions we pray and dream of , get further and further away , as all the wherewithall’s are paid into a pension fund

@WiltshireSaddler exactly.

Imagine an empty home end. Or sparse at that.

I said on another thread only way to win is hit them in the pocket.

Even if you have your ticket or season ticket … give it a miss. That £5 you spend in the ground will be missed.

The club will have budgeted to take £xx,xxx amount on the match day. They’ll still have to pay staff etc but won’t have the income to cover it.

Small fry this week - but a shot across their bow.

But it won’t happen far to many interested in martyrdom / cult of being a die hard / love having something to Moan about.

Walsall FC will be circa £400-600 worse off through not having me there week in week out next season.

1 Like

That’s why I include both Keates and Whitney.
Whitney started the rot but when Keates came in he contributed to it. He signed a load of players that ended up not playing because he continued to use the Whitney signings because he deemed his own replacements to not be good enough so we wasted our money.