Proud To Be A Saddler

WHAT A POWERFUL IMAGE !!!

For me this is what supporting your local team is all about spending quality time with family and friends and making memories that will last a lifetime.

It’s so hard nowadays to attract young family members to support there local teams when all you see is the big Premier league teams plastered all over telly In papers on social media.

I had this very issue with my lad lucky enough dangling him out the bedroom window threatening to let go if he didn’t support the saddlers worked :wink:.

I take him to Saturday club before a game on the 4g pitch and there is probably 40 or so kids that go my son and maybe one or two more were wearing walsall tops, loads of man utd Chelsea Liverpool spurs man city etc.

It’s shame really because many of them won’t step foot in any of there premier league teams stadiums, but would rather watch Chelsea play Southampton on TV at 3pm on a Saturday, rather than go and cheer on there local team at the ground.

32 Likes

Great post and such an amazing picture.

Sadly my dad wasn’t into football so we never had that Walsall FC bond that I see so many people have with their kids/dad’s.

I have however made hundreds of friends by being a Saddler and that’s what’s great about supporting your home town team.

I hope that the young lad in the picture had a great day yesterday.

22 Likes

Cherished memories for both. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Saw this on FB yesterday. A lady commented saying it was her son who was 3 with his great grandad who has been attending games for over 80 years.

11 Likes

On the UTS Facebook page, captioned ‘150 games for the Saddlers has really aged Liam Kinsella’

4 Likes

“Look. I know it’s hard to believe, but that’s the end of the queue over there”.

3 Likes

What a great image!

2 Likes

Fabulous image. That little lad has no idea how much pain he has ahead of him as a Saddler. He’ll love it!

Credit to the Grandad for wearing a replica shirt.

3 Likes

Ah, so that’s where the Mansfield centre half left his stick :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lovely photo and it’s great to see.

2 Likes

well said about local team and support
i think its getting better tho
having access to many people by me walking driving talking about season tickets at solihull moors and just talking solihull moors rather than any other team suggest its slowly getting better .

1 Like

Superb gesture by the club. :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

You still can’t watch live soccer at 3pm on a Saturday - and long may that continue.