Proud

Impressed eh? Surely an attempt to cover the breezeblock with rendering occasionally might improve it’s overall appearance?
Sorry but generally the club is stuck in the 70’s with it’s perspective. With the three amigo’s still in charge, that have witnessed and allowed the decline of the club for years under Bonser, things will never change, as witnessed by that very amateur presentation of the new ‘team’, wallpaper tables covered in a blanket, with sound quality that would really impress FHTF. It all smacks of an attitude of second rate laissez-faire, owt will do, presence. We are fourth Division also rans and proud to sit back and wallow in self pity.
This is OUR club too! Put some effort in to actually make us proud.

I would be impressed with us playing in a vest from Primark on a rubbish tip ankle deep in ■■■■ if we were top of the league and on a cup run.

1 Like

The home end is good and creates a better atmosphere than most of us give it credit for. The rest of the ground is not fit for purpose and IMO hasn’t been from day one. Sitting behind stanchions in restricted view seats is unacceptable. There aren’t many clubs in the top 8 tiers of football that ask their customers to sit behind stanchions.

There is a lot of work walsall fc has to do but maybe just maybe we will get rewarded this year to good quality football.

Will judge new management on the signings.

Didn’t look great this last season when they stuck the Sky Sports reporter behind one during the Tranmere game (despite having a load of space in the stand) and she missed a red card Kammy style so it went viral.

1 Like

From an away fans perspective it’s a nice little away day for most clubs, isn’t it? Even for some of the clubs we consider a long journey for them it is a more local one. The train station is a 2-minute walk from the ground. Not many drinking options but there are always ways around that. I think that is probably more why they see it as a good ground rather than the actual stadium.

That said, I don’t mind it at all, I wish it was in a different part of the Town, but it is what it is. I think fans of a certain age don’t like it just because it isn’t Fellows Park. The atmosphere will never match that, because football has changed since then with all seater stadiums. Some fans have tried to blame the ground for the lack of atmosphere, but it is fans that make atmosphere, there has been plenty of games when the atmosphere has been plenty good enough.

2 Likes

There are probably two aspects at work. Match-day experience, and match experience. In the end , people don’t distinguish. How many of us were still looking at Blackpool away for the first fixture, when we knew we’d be shivering in that ridiculous golf stand, directly opposite a main stand with plenty of room in it?

1 Like

Tbf, atmosphere used to be good until Jeff built himself another conferencing venue with a stand attached to it, got the Football Foundation to stump up £2mill to part pay it, and then made even more money from the club by loaning it the extra £1million.

At least some people got to moo at the motorway for a bit because of it though.

1 Like

She should have been suspended for that

I love the Floors to go stand. I starting coming every week once that was built. You can properly see the game. Brilliant stand. We should build an identikit for the away end and fleece them

2 Likes

If we ever got to the Championship again then it would make economic sense to build a replica to the “floors to go” or whatever it is called now. Clubs with big followings would bring in much needed funds to help us to compete in a very competitive league, or as you so succinctly put it, “fleece them”!

2 Likes

Like Bonzo has been fleecing US all these years

Not proud yet but a lot more positive about things for the coming season so far i like what i hear about Fullarton and Taylor came across very well much more likeable than Clarke ever was.Nice to hear him talk about the importance of fans already.

2 Likes

With all the retail shops nearby being empty , it would be good if a few were taken on by businesses and turned into pubs and eateries , if the club are struggling… ( or badly supplying ) to cater for supporters in the ground with food and drinks ( which puts a lot fans off going ) it would be a good attraction and match day experience for home and away supporters and generate bigger gates at games.

When considering the lack of pubs and clubs around the stadium, it makes the waste of the Saddlers Club even more criminal. Anyone with half a brain cell can surely see the potential moneymaker there, even if you’re just rinsing the away fans?

I just can’t get my head around the fact its been left to rot!

4 Likes

Well said Kenny.