Purge

If you want a purge, then get someone in who’ll put the wind up JB. Someone who’ll get him to confess to all his evil deeds. Forget Keith Hill get this guy in!

5 Likes

Things need to get personal with Mole and Gamble at the next fans focus meeting.

I don’t mean insult them, but we need to ask questions about their specific role in the club and the way things are going. Questions like:

• Do you consider yourself to be doing a job?

• The club’s stated aim is to reach the Championship and it is failing miserably in it’s attempts to reach achieve this - are you being held accountable for this failure? If not, why?

• What metrics is your performance really judged on, as we know the Championship ambition is just lip-service to supporters?

• Why should Walsall supporters be optimistic for the future?

6 Likes

I’ve never noticed the uncanny resemblence between Michael Portillo and Joseph Stalin before, however I feel we need to get a management team in though!

This club is ,in my opinion, run well.

The chairman owns the ground and the club separately and takes a profit from the rent, so what?

The club with its small and diminishing crowds still make a profit.

It is a business, we are not Man City.

Neither Bonser, Gamble or Mole know what the managers will be like until they get the job.

In turn, the manager gets players who are supposed to be good and they end up not as good.

There is a lot of luck in this game and we are having bad only. Look at the Barnsley game, good goal disallowed and hand ball goal allowed.
The referees are missing more fouls against us and giving every dive for the opposition.
We all thought Keates was the man in September and October.
if you get burnt chips or a bad pint from the bar, would you blame the bar/kiosk staff or the board?
If the players turn out not to be any good you blame the manager or board?
If we hired Alex Ferguson as a director, would that make the team play better?
The board is the board as with any company and are not to blame entirely for what happens on the shop floor.
Keates was to blame , end of, we all wanted him to win but unfortunately the job was too much.
Maybe he needed a little more league experience.
I will still be there in league 2, to support the team that I have followed tor 50 years in all its ups and downs

1 Like

Comedy gold :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is a wind up, isn’t it?

5 Likes

I love this.

“How was my old man to know, 40 years ago, that Walsall weren’t going to end up winning the Champions League?”

1 Like

Soooo, it’s all OK then - that’s a relief, here was me thinking we might have an issue or two! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

As Belphegor says - Comedy Gold!

4 Likes

Do you really think so? Do you honestly think that such a major appointment as first team manager would be made without the sanction and approval of you-know-who?

6 Likes

Up to a point I can agree with you. Our finances are sustainable which is good. Every managerial appointment is to some extent a gamble and relegation is likely to happen sooner or later.
However do you not think that the club fan relations could be so much better? That the match day experience is awful? Do you not feel that the football side of our club is neglected? Are you not just a little bit angry that our most third tier of third tier clubs can now only realistically compete for league 2 players? Would it not be nice if just once our recluse of a chairman was publicly accountable for this state of affairs?

1 Like

I agreed with the first six words :smile:

5 Likes

Hi Steff😂

5 Likes

Can we ban Jeff from UTS please

4 Likes

Listening to MoC on WM this evening and although he is being careful about what he is saying the implication is that he doesn’t rate many of the senior players, we have little to no quality in the youth team (mentioned Alfie Bates as the exception) and the club needs a big clear out.

Very worrying to hear just how bad it is from the the current manager and he was clearly shocked at the lack of back bone displayed by the players. He also refused to be drawn on what the budget would be next season but it sounded like bad news. Whoever comes in will need to be given time and money to build this club back up from the bottom.

1 Like

Exactly my thinking Pedagogue, especially as they were given 3 year contracts. There’s no way Bonser would give them that much free rein. They’re there to do the saviours donkey work and take the flak when things go pear shaped.

Don’t think Jeff would lower himself to mix with the plebs on here… more likely he got one of his monkeys… I mean employees to do so. :wink:

1 Like

Fanbase needs to be a pain in the arse and disruptive. If we want change we need to fight for it.

3 Likes

Spot on again sir. All these ridiculous suggestions, such as bonser not being involved in managerial appointments, then gamble and mole being responsible for bringing several players to the club without the ok from the manager, just show how far out of perspective some fans have become. One man controls the club, nothing happens without his say so.

I find the vitriol directed towards gamble and mole really quite offensive, especially the demands for them to be sacked. Why has society in general become so vindictive and vengeful? They’re just two working guys, same as the rest of us, trying to do a job with restrictions imposed upon it from above, trying to house and feed their families. I believe at least one of them has children - do you really feel so strongly that you want him sacked and out of work? If so, I’d urge you to step back and think about whether football hasn’t assumed skewed importance in your life and why that might be. I love Walsall FC, always will, but it’s a game, folks, just a game.

3 Likes

Football is a high profile industry that is very much in the public domain, the England manager is not called the second most important job in the country for nothing. Criticism is part and parcel of any job with such a public profile and if they are not prepared to accept it and respond to it appropriately then I would suggest that football is not the industry for them. On a human level I don’t think any of us want to see anyone unemployed but many of us will have had to let underperforming employees go as part of our day jobs or at least witnessed it and can understand how it is in the best interests of our businesses.

Whilst I am disappointed with some of their stewardship of the club I do however have sympathy with the view that the owner’s influence makes their jobs harder than they need to be. Joe Massi in his podcasts keeps referring to the idea that Gamble and Mole are doing jobs that should be the work of 3 or 4. That rings true to me and somewhat explains the apparent negligence of certain aspects of the club.
Whether you rate them or not though, seeking their removal is a waste of time. Bonser will just replace them with carbon copies and it will be more of the same. The problems here go right to the top and for me that’s where the solutions start.

2 Likes

Good post with which I concur. I have had no dealings with Mole but have have had a number of conversations with Gamble. I found him helpful and I think he is a good bloke. He is clearly not a high flying CEO but then you would not get one of those at Walsall FC would you?
Having said that the Club clearly needs help with customer relations and with marketing. If I were on the board I would make sure we paid competitive salaries for this jobs because after team matters they are simply the most important.