Queues and more queues

Not to hard though only usually a few hundred there of which half don’t drink :joy:

The thing is several of the staff behind the bar have been there all season so know how it works. So why didn’t one of them tell the bar manager? Of course they should know it anyway.
What was confusing is there were some pre-poured drinks that they were matching to tickets and then there were a load of people queuing with receipts that they had to pour for. Seemed to me that it probably depended on who served you prior to the game.

Just pre pour the drink ffs. Always have the popular drinks in reserve and hand em over, money flows, beer flows, fans happy.

1 Like

Nope, I always allow longer at away days but maybe thats just me. However the ticket office at Bescot is notoriously busy on these ‘fiver’ games.

Fans need to tell Pomlett,tell him face to face at meet the chairman events. Email him,I’m sure that in the time it takes to post on UTS you could easily send an email to Pomlett,Mole and Gamble, they’ve had more than enough time to sort the tickets and the catering out.if they REALLY want to sort it out, they can.

2 Likes

Are you telling me the club doesn’t read this site? We are a primary source of information for them!

1 Like

Of all the issues that needed to improve post Bonser, these should have been the easiest to rectify.

Really can’t understand the logic, especially the loss of revenue for putting a few extra kids in the kiosks/bars.

1 Like

Went to one of the snack bars asked for some crisps and was handed a Mars bar.

Reason for this? The young lad who was tasked with fetching had one ear phone in listening to music :joy::joy::joy: even the lad Operating the till couldn’t believe it! Made me smile mind…

1 Like

WSFC raised the issue at the Working Party Meeting in September and were advised that the club were aware and working on the issues:

‘The overall staff structure for the Conference and Events team is currently being looked at and the Club is actively recruiting a new Bars Manager who would be tasked with tackling the queue issues’.

This has been followed up by @chriss5471, but we’ll push the club for an update at the next meeting as three months has now passed and issues are persisting.

If Leigh is reading this the answer is simple you position 2 tills outside the serving area where fans order their beer and pay for it, the lady sits on a chair with the till in front of her and takes the money and gives the change, you could link the tills to a screen behind the bar (lady at the till could have an headset to instruct the waiting bar staff if we haven’t got the screen facility)where there’s 3 staff pulling the beer and getting it ready for collection.
This is what happens at the large caravan holiday sites, I never have to queue there, one lady works the till the others pull the beer, you could have a till either side of the bar so 2 tills at each bar,it really ain’t rocket science.

Why not reduce the amount of variety and pre-pour, so there’s a cider, a lager and a bitter all ready to go? In fairness in the concourse bar behind the bar they had staff…they were just training on the job :roll_eyes:. Also, plastic glasses are cack

1 Like

I’m currently in Dorset so my update at the moment is brief but a new manager was put in place circa 4/11 whose job it is to improve the bars etc going forward. Obviously as with any job they cannot do it over night so need a bit of leeway but also feedback from the fans is vital to make sure they are delivering customer people expect!

1 Like

Not sure why they’ve switched to plastic glasses.
Even more so as most businesses are now environmentally conscious and trying to minimise their plastic waste.

1 Like

It’s not even a case of needing more staff.
There’s enough there to do the job but they need to be better organised and managed.
When you’ve got kiosks staffed by 2 people why are they serving 1 customer at a time? 1 taking the order and putting it in the till and the other taking a pie out of the fridge and putting in the microwave then both standing there like lemons till the microwave pings and 1 takes it out to hand to the other to hand to the customer. :roll_eyes:
Even McDonalds staff can multitask FFS.

We go to the bar in the Stadium Suite (family stand side) at half time. Brother usually pre-orders the drinks just before kickoff and goes down to collect them a few minutes before half time.
Yesterday was a mess. We got into the Suite after the whistle had blown for half time and found my brother queuing at the pre-order window despite having gone down 5 mins before. There was already 7-8 people in that queue with the main queue getting bigger. There was 4 people behind the bar yet only 2 people were being served at a time. 1 person serving the pre-order queue getting someone else to check the receipts they were being given against a small amount of pre-poured drinks. Then if it hadn’t been pre-poured they were having to pour it there and then.
The main queue had 1 person serving who was then getting another to help them pouring drinks for orders that were more than 1 drink. If the order was a solitary drink then the other person was just standing there like a lemon.

If you’ve got 4 people behind the bar they should be serving 4 people at a time.
After kickoff they close the bar windows to stop any more orders. So they’ve got 45 mins when I assume they’re still being paid but mostly twiddling their thumbs. Should be using at least half this time to go round tidying the suite and collecting glasses. The staff at both ends should be clearing half the suite each. Would get it done very quickly. Then the last 20 mins of the half, have 2 pre-pouring the pre-orders ready. Have the other 2 pre-pouring a set amount of lager/ale based on previous games for the main queue. They wouldn’t even have to do exactly the amount, just 30-40 to get over the immediate rush when half time starts.
Then when half time does start have 1 on the pre order queue and the other 3 serving the main queue, all taking money and handing over the ore-poured beers.
Once the pre-ordered beers are handed out have that person then go on to start topping up the drinks for the main queue.

1 Like

Well done. There comes a point that the fans (and fan groups) can only point it out so far. We are passed the point of “email the club :man_shrugging:” responses now, they are simply dragging their feet. It’s beyond me why.

1 Like

I’ve e-mailed the Club a couple of times about the catering etc. and in particular how when we do something to attract extra fans we have large queues at the kiosks as if the whole thing has taken them by surprise. They haven’t sorted it, or the ticket office problems.
The problems some fans had yesterday were predictable.
They should have sorted it already, if it were my decision Mole and Gamble would get no more time. On yer bikes.

1 Like

Lots of places I’ve been to for football seem to have lots of pints of each beer pre-poured, or one of those fancy new machines that you stick the plastic cup on and it fills from the bottom in about 3 seconds. Hopefully the new manager will put forward some plans for something like this to happen as it would surely help kill the queues off.

Having experienced bar staff would help too, some of the staff aren’t cut out for it at the moment and seem to get flustered as soon as there’s even a small queue.

As far as queueing for drinks / food, etc. at the kiosks in the lower areas of the ground it is very frustrating. I said to my Dad yesterday that if he wanted a pie then we’d best go straight away (this was on 20 minutes) as we’d have no hope otherwise. Imagine how shocked (or un-shocked) I was that there were no balti pies available 20 minutes in.
Everybody seems to go and queue from 40 mins onwards at which point it becomes impossible to get what you want on most occassions. The kiosks are too small, and to have 4/5 members of staff in such a shoebox it’s impossible to work effectively. I wonder why we can stretch the kiosks out across the whole of the corner area they are already situated in becuase then you can have more staff, more capacity to hold food, and queues should reduce automatically. It’s not like it would be blocking anything by stretching them across.

Big issue for me from yesterday.

Bescot Bar ran out of gas. Had about 4 or 5 kids (and i mean kids) serving.
Took about 40 mins to get a pint and even then that was bottled.

Spoke to a steward who said don’t worry, won’t be here much longer it’s being closed after today to be extended. Going to go nearly as far back as the astro pitch. He also said “be thankful I think they are putting some toilets in aswell if you are lucky”

Hmm

1 Like

Join the queue behind me Jumbo regarding get rid of the pair of useless ■■■■■ Gamble and Mole, I really must stop going on about their totally inept involvement at our club, people will start thinking I don’t like the pair of ■■■■■.

I would join the queue but it is far too long like all the others at Bescot. :grin:

1 Like