Recruitment

I don’t see any similarities between this team and the other promotion teams I have seen In my 60 odd years of watching Walsall. It reminds me of some teams who got relegated over this years and isn’t as good as some of the Hibbitt teams of the nineties. I write this as someone who is often accused of being too optimistic!!!

4 Likes

Wow did THEY also constantly lose to teams below them in the league? while playing aimless football in the process ?

1 Like

I thought the performances in the 4 matches we won on the trot were getting towards promotion level but some of the defeats to poor sides were certainly looking like relegation and my fear is that we lose 10 in a row.

As Larry said, we lack pace in essentially all positions (unless Roberts or Rose is a sprinter) and no tactics can compensate. It is Ok to have one or two players who are a bit slow (think Bobby Moore) but we have no one who isn’t.

1 Like

I’ve watched quite a bit of fa cup footy this weekend chunk and there are plenty of teams who can pass plenty of teams who have a sense of direction plenty of teams who are at the very least well drilled it’s worrying that we look the worst side if you compared us to these teams it’s worrying that we could quite easily in the next year or 2 find ourselves in non league football.

2 Likes

With a first name like Carlos I really did have high hopes…

Then I saw him play …

1 Like

I don’t really believe that for a second tbh. They’re probably mid table, were loaded a few years back which got them to mid table league 1 for a few years.

Would guess at Barrow, Morecambe and Stevenage all having much smaller budgets.

Ultimately being right next to Gatwick will always mean they pick up good young players released by London clubs…and Mark Wright!

Yes, that’s the plane truth.

2 Likes

They’ll be flying up that table before we know it

1 Like

Yes and there will be no room for any passengers

1 Like

They love a good bit of wing play as well judging off their performances. Strong in the air too.

1 Like

And of course any weak players can be jet-tisoned…

Their midfield will have a fantastic engine.

A fantastic engine it will have to be, otherwise the team’s decline could be terminal.

2 Likes

They’ll runway with this league next season

If they don’t will it be, “Taxi for Mr. Yems”…

1 Like

They may soar up the league and not hanger round providing they show a good altitude…

1 Like

I see this thread has taken a nosedive.

2 Likes

Hmmm…might need to use the rudder to get it back on course.

If we don’t runway with this poor league we’ll all feel a touchdown come the end of the season.

1 Like