Boeing a miracle we will still be in League Two next season

1 Like

In DC we thrust.

1 Like

Washington? :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Detective Comics?

1 Like

So it would appear that we are waiting until the last day of the window to see what scrapings off the table we can beg, when every other club in the EFL have had their pick from the offloads from the upper echelon.
What an embarrassment of a club we follow, I cringe at our begging bowl approach to transfer windows…I am aware that we have no money and that there have been redundancies at the club (which is of course abhorrent) but other clubs can manage to get in loan players, why can’t we?
I do get the feeling that things have deteriorated under LP’s stewardship with such matters, if Bonser WAS still at the club and not just steering the ship from afar he would have been rid of our hapless manager long before now! And made sure we got in some effective players during a transfer window session.

3 Likes

Must admit it looks like nothings changed under this “new” regime well apart from our new YouTube superstar that is,and as ever it looks like we will be tipping the empty packet upside down to see if there’s a crisp left inside or rummaging through the ash tray for a decent nub end like a homeless man,times are hard and people are being made redundant from other clubs but they all seem to be getting stuff sorted sooner rather than later which can only be frustrating for us lot watching from the sidelines.Then of course there’s the prospect of DC picking what’s left which as history shows us is not going to end well is it,so prepare yourselves for a season that peters out into mid table nothingness,here’s hoping we can vaccinate on a huge scale and make our way back to the Bescot where we can all voice our opinion nowhere to hide then Mr Clarke.

1 Like

What I find embarrassing is the lack of planning again.

We know what we need and in what position.
We knew we had a 2 week lay off.
I cannot think of a better time (if you are going to bring new faces in and freshen it up as DC says) than this.
Yet again we seem to waste our time and opportunities to get them in now, to settle and add some much needed cohesion

2 Likes

We all wanted bonser out. ( well the majority of us anyway) Leigh Pomlett made a good appointment in DC at the time again I think the majority thought so . The first season was always going to be tough with a complete new team.
I don’t lay any blame on Lp for where we stand at the moment. but I can’t say the same for DC. I do agree with some though that whilst we do still have a decent shout of the play offs we need to take a bit of a risk as many other clubs who are much less well run than ourselves have done and get a couple of decent performers in sharpish to stop this season grinding to a halt.

3 Likes

Will just be a last minute scramble…like last time.

1 Like

Stevenage have found some cash. They have bagged 3 decent lower league players in Norris (Colchester), Lines (Northampton-ex Brizzle R) and Matty Stevens (Forest Green).

3 Likes

I don’t expect or want us to splash any cash but surely we could get a couple of good loan signings in until the end of the season. That is maybe all we would need in this poor league.

1 Like

O.k scrub then having a smaller budget than Crawley! Lines is a bit too Sinclair like for my liking but Norris has been a decent striker at Swindon and Colchester last few years, gues being Stevenage born swung it. Matty Stevens was highly rated a few years back in non league but not really done it at Forest Green, only 22 though.

Wonder if that means they’ll let Danny Newton go. He’s played for Hinckley, Nuneaton, Barwell, Leamington and Tamworth in his career so suggests he’s Midlands based and has a 1 in 4 scoring record at Stevenage.

Not amazing but would surely be a better option than Lavery. I remember he had a good scoring record a few years back with Matty Godden who’s now doing o.k for Coventry in the championship.

He’s scored a goal every 2 and a bit games the last few seasons at Ebbsfleet Stevenage Peterborough and Coventry pretty good record that is.

You are being a little optimistic there :grin:

1 Like

Scramble being the operative word there wing man… :wink:

1 Like

Dont think it is going to matter much.
Think football is going to be brought to a premature end this season along with other activities.

2 Likes

Yeah could well be right maybe one of the reasons we are holding back on bringing anybody in.

Vale have deregistered Mckirdy seems a talented player some issues there.

1 Like