Release & Retained

Walsall Football Club can today confirm the following retained and released list.

The following players remain in contract for the 2021/22 season:

Liam Roberts
Liam Kinsella
Alfie Bates
Jack Rose
Sam Perry
Rory Holden
Emmanuel Osadebe

The club will be taking up contractual options on:

Tom Leak
Joe Willis

The following Players are out of contract on 30th June and will be offered new contracts:

Dan Scarr
Hayden White

Mat Sadler will continue in his Player/Coach role and former Academy Player, Danny Coogan, will be offered a short-term contract.

The following players will not be offered a new contract when their current deal expires. The club wishes to place on record our thanks and wishes them all the best for the future:

Cameron Norman
James Clarke
Stuart Sinclair
Caolan Lavery
Josh Gordon
Callum Cockerill-Mollett
Wes McDonald
Jack Nolan

Tyreik Wright, Max Melbourne, Derick Osei Yaw, Frank Vincent and Jayden Reid have all formally returned to their parent clubs following loan spells.

(I tried to fix the annoying layout that the club used)

4 Likes

Good to see we are getting rid of the dead wood!

4 Likes

I agree with all that except for Dan Scarr being offered a new extension. James Clarke I was 50/50 on whether I wanted to keep him but him going makes sense if we are to get rid of the memory of DC and his mates.

9 Likes

Pretty much as expected glad Lavery and Gordon are both gone

3 Likes

Don’t mind White staying. Scarr however…

And another season of poppadom hands, brilliant.

2 Likes

Can only imagine Clarke’s wages were prohibitive. Hope Scarr’s is a one year deal.

9 Likes

Scarr and White could of been added to that released list as well for me.

7 Likes

Not surprised by any of the names on the released list apart from Clarke. Maybe he has given the indication he wouldn’t stay, so they didn’t bother.

Hopefully Scarr will only be a squad player should he re-sign.

3 Likes

Disagree with Scarr and White. I’d have kept Clarke and Norman.

The goalkeeping debate continues as both under contract. Hopefully Fail will make us an offer for Roberts.

1 Like

Agreed.

Would give Roberts to whoever would take him too.

Clarke has agreed to go back to Bristol Rovers … guaranteed

1 Like

Dan Scarr :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Imagine offering White a deal and getting rid of Norman :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

How many of these do you think will end up with Darrell Brent at Vale?
They released 15 yesterday and put another 3 on transfer list today.
I reckon James Clarke is already on the A500 and Gordon is just going past Gailey Island.

4 Likes

Maybe we have offered Scarr a deal as the club are going to try and get a bit of extra money in by selling a shirtless Walsall FC pin up calendar for all of those inclined. Only real explanation I can see.

2 Likes

Norman has never been rated by anyone in management. Bet Clarke wanted to move.
Suprised about scarr he has been poor
Leaves us with a very young squad and no strike force. Which is just what we needed!!!
Total overhaul fair play

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have offered neither Scarr or White a new deal. Hopefully they get fixed up elsewhere.

1 Like

Happy with that list, plenty of wages released to start afresh and build a half decent squad

I think Norman may possibly end up at Vale. Judging by his social media he used to live Wolverhampton way, but now lives in the around Stoke it would seem.

Can only imagine Norman and Clarke have agreed to move elsewhere.

2 Likes

Bit surprised by Norman but overall seems ok and predictable if you think about it.

Nice to see some cack moving on

2 Likes