Released Players/Free Agents

Yah man!:shushing_face::flushed:

Three players on Bristol Rovers’ released list I’d consider, and that Darrell Clarke would know all about…

Adam Smith & Sam Slocombe have been freed. I remember thinking the former would’ve been a decent replacement for Etheridge, two summers ago. Not sure what/if anything has gone awry in the meantime.

Also, Tom Lockyer. Experienced defender, still mid-20s, and unless I’m mistaken, part of their L2 promotion winning side.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of Chris Lines.

I’d be very interested in Tom Lockyer. 200 plus appearances at 24 is pretty incredible. Surely he will be staying in league one though.

Slocombe got himself sent off against us last season very rashly and hasn’t played much this season including being loaned to League Two. Don’t think he’s the answer.

Lockyer will easily get another league one club, he’s a regular in the Wales squad. I presume it’s him turning down a new deal and leaving on a free rather than Bristol just getting rid as he was a regular for them last season.

Little bit too early for names. Usually players, who signed deals elsewhere, are released now, to sort some things before some free time. Or players, who knew there is no future in current club for them. So more time to find another sucker … err sorry, find another club willing to give one more chance.

My one desire in this transfer window is that we do not sign a single man that has previously turned out for us. We really need a fresh start. Might break that rule if Scott Dann, Etheridge or Troy fancy a game.

2 Likes

Bradford have released eleven today.

Of those, you’d imagine Nat Knight-Percival would be on our radar (if there were a manager in situ to monitor it).

1 Like

The only problem with him,is that Bradford are just about the only team with a worse defence than ours in league 1.

1 Like

Some very decent players out of contract but being offered deals by their current clubs.

Ollie Rathbone at Dale and John-Joe O’Toole at Northampton stand out. Very different midfields, but both weigh in with goals. Something we’ve massively lacked this season.

I’d take Rathbone but JJ is a right troublemaker who would take some taming!

1 Like

Nah their fans hate him.

Coventry released Lee Burge (sure he was their first choice keeper), Jack Grimmer, Tony Andreu and Stuart Bevan (although he hasn’t really done much in a few years) so could be of interest.

What about that Brad Inman guy. I remember he was strongly linked last summer but can’t remember him doing much for Rochdale this season.

BTW Mitch Clark got released by Villa which surprised me. Did really well at Port Vale and can play both full back positions. Wales under 21 international.

Needs to be on the radar but think all this shows is a manager needs to be appointed very soon otherwise you miss out on the better ones.

2 Likes

No point in worrying about it if it doesn’t suit the miserly budget :smirk:

1 Like

“I’m free!”

5 Likes

Coventry s defoence was rubbish until they got that bloke in from Blues

Defence

Yeah Stockdale played in the game in February but he was only on emergency loan so played 4-5 games before going back.

I assume Burge played in their good run from that point.

That’ll do us then :smile:

1 Like