Released Players/Free Agents

Would take Burge along with Grimmer if we don’t keep Devlin. Robins was on record towards the end of the season praising his professionalism despite being out of the side due to them having Dujon Sterling on loan.

Grimmer is a good player.

We could do without it getting anymore Grimmer here :tired_face:

4 Likes

:laughing:

Would like us to look at Lawrence vigiroux or however u spell it haha, just been released by Swindon

Interesting. Was highly rated 18 months back but didn’t get a move. Discipline also seems an issue but he is talented, made the Chile squad last season.

Does like a wander outside his box as Ozzy exposed a few years back.

1 Like

I was thinking exactly the same thing! A very good keeper, unless Oztumer has the ball on the half way line with a bit of space to look up! Seriously though, if he wants to stay in England, he has always impressed me whenever I have seen him play and there is definitely a player there.

Don’t think we need a new 1st team keeper, we just need a good goalkeeping coach to develop Roberts. He’s gone backwards unders Oates.

3 Likes

Posted by Russiagas on their forum
“A Walsall fan told me that three of our players were at Walsall discussing terms before DCs appointment was even announced. Sinclair, Lines and one other. Probably Leads”

Its fantasy football at the moment, just a bit of fun… but if we got Sinclair and Lines centre mid with Dobson and Bates as back up, Sadler left sided centre half alongside Scarr with Norman and Roberts squadding, one of Grimmer, Leadbitter, or Devlin right back, keep Gordon and Cook with Candlin as squaddie. That leaves the the two wide positions and left back, plus a new keeper from the plethora of available options. How about Lee Burge, Scott Laird, Keiron Morris, and Ferrier left-wing?? There we go, promoted by February. :grinning:

January surely !

Tom Soares released by AFC Wombledom. Another quality midfield barsteward type on the market.

1 Like

Seems our new man made a last ditch attempt to get Chris Lines in.

The kind of player we should be seeking in many humble opinions.

Looks like another penny pinching season then, didn’t expect anything different tbh

That’s an unfair criticism, Lines May of well given his word… after all it was last minute.

3 Likes

Yh i suppose, just need to wait an see I suppose

Whoever we get in I would expect background and character checks to be done on these players think maybe we have recently failed in this aspect and ended up with bad apples.

1 Like

If Cookie moves on, which looks likely, especially with what the manager has said to the Express and Star this morning, I would not be surprised if he tries to sign Nicholls from Rovers.

I know he has struggled there, but he was superb with Exeter before that in League Two and its probably what he needs to get his old form back, dropping down a division.

2 Likes

Not sure how Chris Lines would have been a ‘penny pinching’ signing. The guy has 400 league appearances under him and knows Clarke very well. Northampton have given him a two year deal whilst we would have either offered him just a one year deal or like it’s been said in the article, we probably just got there too late.

But for Clarke to have not even been in the job a week yet and the fact it’s only the 16th May and he’s already looking at players to sign, then I can only see that as a positive.

2 Likes