Reopening The Saddlers Club

Good for home fans to have a proper drink before games too.

Plastic cups are shite in the stadium suite because they don’t have enough staff to collect proper glasses :rofl:

2 Likes

Last time I went in the Saddlers Club it was plastic glasses in the big room.

Will be a completely different set up now though.

That’s the way it all points. Given their modest size I’m not sure how they’ll import any booze over here it’ll cost a fortune. They’ll need to do something creative. Exciting times

1 Like

Set up a brewery on site, or anywhere local.

3 Likes

You get a glass in the savoy
The stuff in them is still hospice

Love this place

I used to go in The Tiger after the Saddlers Club closed… had some decent publicans and some awful ones! I don’t bother anymore and mainly sit in the upper if I want a pint. Looking forward to The Club opening to be honest.

1 Like

Highgate’s available…

1 Like

Except the building is now no longer allowed to be a brewery.

People buying houses next to a brewery and then objecting to their being a brewery…

2 Likes

Dicks

Looks lovely, that! Maybe a bit on the strong side for more than 1 though!

1 Like

That could improve the matchday atmosphere significantly!

1 Like

I went to NoFo last week. There’s a ton of breweries popped up in the south but these guys really do a good job. I was surprisingly very impressed. I cannot see the link with WFC. It’s a pretty small setup, although they’re working on a second location.
Maybe the owners invest with the group?
Or they need a massive advertising write off?
Anyway, I love their beer and hope it makes it over to the UK as it’s much better than that crap Bud and Miller diet beer.
I’ll be at the Orient home match in Feb, look out for two idiots in NoFo ball caps.

15 Likes

Bet hundreds will moan about the “fancy beer” :joy:

All they need is a signature Walsall fc or football beer (or lager) and its a licence to print cash. Wether its the bar or not it’s obvious there is some incoming beer :smile:

Or the group own the brewery?

This article on NoFo’s site sheds some light.

It says the owners of NoFo have business interests with Ken Polk (Boycott’s partner in Trivela).

NoFo is also based in Atlanta, Georgia where the comic book writer Robert Venditti also lives. You can see him in one of the pictures with them wearing their Walsall shirts. I’d say it’s likely Venditti has investments in both Trivela and NoFo.

The Ken Polk connection also extends to a non-profit organisation called Vapor Ministries where he is the founder, chairman of the board and current CEO. Ben Boycott was previously the President / COO of Vapor and Mason Crosby was previously on the board.

It’s seems that the connections between the investors go past just the investment group.

A lot different to the last chancer / failed bog handle maker.

7 Likes

On the beer front it would be great to have a decent ale available in the Saddlers Club given the selection in the stadium has gone downhill.

I’d assume that the pouring rights deal with Coors only covers the stadium so we’d be free to have some independent brewers in the Saddlers Club.

Of course, now that makes sense.

Very, very interesting…. I like how they claim to be in north Atlanta. That’s like saying Nottingham is in north Birmingham. Took us a good hour out of ATL.
Anyway, the beers are awesome although they’ll have to serve the lower alcohol % taps in the Poundland otherwise they’ll be utter carnage.

4 Likes

It will just be nice to have somewhere to go before the game… walking to the stadium suite last match and all the mansfield fans were saying where do we go and get a drink… hopefully they can do something with the retail park aswell