Reserves thrashed again!

It was a much better performance. At least we looked as if we wanted to win. The scoreline flattered Rotherham although they did deserve to win. They were a big, strong team who out-muscled us in key areas (i.e, both penalty-areas).

The presence of the likes of Bates and Perry gives the lie to the story that the club had put out, previously, that covid “bubbles” had forced them to field very young teams of 1st year apprentices.

8 Likes

Walsall u18s beat Tranmere 2-1 on Saturday, their 1st win of the season.

The Covid bubble stuff and/or the Rory Holden recovery stuff feels like misdirection based upon that line up. Unless we’ve taken a new approach on Covid.

Someone at the club has read the Covid thread and realised it doesn’t exist and is a hoax.

3 Likes

We lost 3-0 :joy::joy: with first teamers in the squad.

I can’t work out your last paragraph, but it’s interesting that Fullarton is now more responsible for the youth team and all of a sudden COVID isn’t a concern and we can do away with bubbles. Unless you’re genuinely telling me it was Miguel Lleras choice to not give himself better players to use because of COVID concerns?

Reductive, that. You can lose 3-0 with a bit of pride or you can do it by being absolutely shit. The end result is the same but it’s viewed two different ways.

2 Likes

Sorry, yeah you’re right. I’m sure we played em off the park :roll_eyes:

Did you think the bubbles were going to be in place forever?

1 Like

It’s great of you to acknowledge that.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: sorry yeah, total coincidence. COVIDs over clearly.

It’s a shame you don’t read sarcasm

….and a greater shame you have only one eye. Never mind, I’m sure one day you’ll appreciate other peoples opinions have as much, if not more, validity than your own.

3 Likes

Not when they’re talking shite again :man_shrugging:

To be fair I didn’t see the match so I’m only guessing they didn’t play well in their 3-0 defeat. Bit like you every Saturday.

1 Like

I’m with you on this @el_nombre.

All this debating degrees of performance in abject defeats and accepting that a 0-3 defeat is acceptable on any level.

For me it’s indicative of the culture that we have at this football club and it’s one of the big problems we have.

1 Like

Are we suggesting that Fullerton refused to let Bates, perry et al to play with so he could stiff leara ? And now he’s gone they can play ? But blamed Covid bubbles ?

The timing seems to indicate that. And we still lost.

On your first point, I understand where you’re coming from, especially in respect of our club’s ongoing deterioration but, I can’t agree entirely in respect of the latest reserves defeat.

There wasn’t much between the two sides and Pedagogue summed it up perfectly in that their physicality was ultimately the difference between the two sides. They took their chances; we didn’t (where have we heard that before?).

Perhaps the main positive for me is that Bates and Perry got some game time and they are going to need a few more games based on their performances.

As a general theme, I understand entirely your second point.

3 Likes

I presume then you are still following the government guidelines issued on day one of the pandemic?

Besides, I don’t suppose there is specific guidance from the government on how 4th division football teams organise their academy squads.

1 Like

Nope the ones that are up to date. Haven’t a clue what that’s supposed to mean.

I didn’t say there was, it was club policy.

Yes you do. You are just being obtuse.