Restructuring of the board of directors

Why? What have I missed? Was he part of the leaving FP and moving to Bescot?

Good to see, much cleaner and contemporary

How Mole is there is beyond me

3 Likes

All over it

3 Likes

Itā€™s the start of a process, and sooner than I thought.

Reckon the oldsters will be quietly pensioned off, and Gamble and Mole will be shown the door in 6-12 months, unless they suddenly show some competency.

Funnily enough I was listening to someone today saying when companies are taken over itā€™s good practice to retain existing board members, glean everything you need to know from them, and then send them on their way.

5 Likes

I think Moley must be one of those who talk a good game but delivers very little, seen lots of them in my time in business

1 Like

The conversion of those 2 to non Executive Directors / Associates is just a precursor to them being booted off the board completely. Theoretically they can make suggestions etc and call in decisions but footballs moved on and I canā€™t see Boycott taking too much notice of a 76 Yr old Roy Whalley. They can stick on his pin striped suits once and month and their Walsall ties and thatā€™s as good as it gets for them Iā€™m afraid

More interesting to me is Whittakers demotion

1 Like

I bet they emailed him about something but he couldnt be arsed to reply so demoted him :rofl:

8 Likes

They donā€™t know how hard working he is yet.

His construction company built the stadium as well as the middle/upper extension.

Seem to remember the same company built an almost identical stadium for Scunthorpe 2 years before which was weirdly a lot cheaper than we paid for Bescot and without stanchions on the main stand.

2 Likes

Not sure Whittaker had any clout. Iā€™d have thought his role was liaison.
Looks like a 2 decision makers and 2 who are there to manage the club from day to day and provide financial reports.

Certainly lean and changes can be implemented very quickly. Iā€™d like to know the link between the board and the football structure. Without JF who is responsible for co-ordinating the different teams and ensuring the academy is resourced.

Fwiw Iā€™ve always thought there was too much emphasis on Mole and Gamble from fans and Iā€™m not surprised to see them continue. Particularly Gamble, who seems pretty solid in his area of expertise, which is finance, and under his advisement the club has made a very tidy profit.

Rest of them, couldnā€™t tell you what they did so happy to see them downgraded at least.

2 Likes

New faces on the board must be a good thing. With one board member gone and another (Whalley) hopefully politely downgraded must also be positive.

UP THE SADDLERS

I agree with you and I hope you donā€™t faint with surprise.
I donā€™t get all this hate against Gamble. I have had dealings with him and I think he is a good guy. Indeed this takeover may not have happened without his work. I have seen countless comments on here asking how he was spending his time. It is clear now that much of it over the past 12 months has involved very intensive negotiations with the new owners.
I know little about Mole but if the yanks think he is worth keeping on then who am I to argue.

6 Likes

Good move and a further sign post that the takeover may well be a very good thing.

The Gilman exit is at the very least a symbolic cutting of cord.

Trivela have seen Mole & Gamble up close for the last twelve months and for the time being seen to like what they see. You canā€™t argue with that. You also canā€™t argue with the integrity of that small group in keeping this under wraps for twelve months. In an industry rife with speculation, rumour and leak it was some going for this tight group to keep it tight with not a whisper getting out.

6 Likes

Not sure how things will pan out for Mole and Gamble. Probably safe during this interim / transition period whilst Pomlett is still there. Once the full ownership is aquired that could paint a whole new picture.

Time to start delivering lads

1 Like

Depending on his remit, Gamble has delivered for many years - profit, year after year, living within our means, financially steady, steered us through the pandemic in a financial sense, heavily involved in bringing in new investors, well regarded in football circles.

Of course, if his wider remit had been, as CEO, to be judged against progression of the football club up the leagues, he has not succeeded at that. But I expect that he is far more accountable for the financial side than anything else.

1 Like

I think Mole gets far more pelters (rightly) and he apparently oversees the operations side of thingsā€¦ā€¦ or basically most of the off the field stuff thatā€™s been mediocre at best or dire at worst the last few seasons.

4 Likes

Iā€™d tend to agree with you. Although, again, I donā€™t know what his internal remit is. The fact that he remains in a job suggests that someone internally believes he is performing to expectations. Itā€™s hard to fully understand what those expectations may be when you look at some of the silly mistakes that have been made.

1 Like

Is he? Itā€™s a genuine question, I donā€™t know.

I think he may be judged a bit more critically from now on.

Agreed - should now be more accountability rather than just backslapping and telling each other how wonderful they all are.

UP THE SADDLERS