Retain or release

Yep. But I think he can improve with a better manager, and playing in a lower league.

I just don’t think it’s frugal to spend a lot of the budget on two right backs. I’d rather see a kid come through and challenge Norman to be honest.

I forget the lads name, but last pre-season the development squad right back looked very positive.

1 Like

I haven’t even said we should keep him :man_shrugging:

He obviously has defensive issues and is a wing back who simply doesn’t have the tools to adapt to full back. But some people want to put all our defensive issues down to one or two players when they are much much deeper than that.

Football seems to do that. For a bloke so appalled at Devlin’s displays it amazes me that you want Norman as a starting full back to be honest. Bloke is as bad defensively and doesn’t have the attacking game Devlin has.

2 Likes

I don’t. He’s contracted for two years however… so we either try to ship him out… or what?

Only Keep Devlin if Kinsella leaves, if Norman does not improve then Kins can be moved from CM to RB and a wage saved.

Try to ship him out or play him as a back up. Pretty obvious really. You bang on about having two players for right back. That should be a prerequisite of a decent squad, having at least 2 players for each position.

Norman isn’t good enough so we need to strengthen.

I don’t think Kins would do that now mate.

For me, get rid of Devlin. Look at Norman in the summer - if it’s obvious he’s not good enough, get a loan full back in or look at the young lad in the development squad. I want to say his name is Little?

I think you’ve only ever played football manager haven’m you? :flushed:

This is league two - you don’t have two senior players for every position. That’s just ridiculous.

Haven’t we all only played Football Manager? Or do you have coaching badges or something? :thinking: No you hope there’s kids that come through and cover some of those positions. But if you haven’t got the quality you need to strengthen.

Norman with a kid back up is terrifying. A 22 man squad is hardly asking a lot including graduates but you can’t just magic them out of thin air and when the first choice is ■■■■ you have to take your medicine.

With insider knowledge on Walsall FC transfers no less! I’m amazed you have the time.

With all that experience I’d have thought you’d realise how ■■■■■■■ daft it is to head into a season with Cameron Norman as your starting right back and some kid who isn’t ready as your only back up. But hey, I didn’t realise I was speaking to Jose Mourinho. I apologise.

1 Like

Is that where you learned to try and take on 14 men instead of making an easy pass to completely unmarked players? :thinking::laughing::wink:

You asked :tipping_hand_man:t3:

I don’t think it’s silly at all. I’ve said above I would assess Norman in the summer - if it’s not looking good then get a loan in. Clarke isn’t afraid to use young players by all accounts so let’s see.

Norman has been judged coming into a poor side - and has only been here 5 months. I’m not writing him off just yet… but waiting to see if Clarke can get something out of a contracted player.

If not, no qualms with him going. I just think it’s a waste of resources to have two full senior right backs in a squad in L2.

Absolutely :joy:

1 Like

I’m not writing him off, I think we should have him as a number 2. Which you’ve basically just said there with the loan option (it will be required, he isn’t good enough to start the season. He’s not going to develop sat on the beach for a month and doing fitness drills in July). So I’m happy with that.

Have a good one analysing data.

It’s my jam :heart_eyes:

Norman is here for next season so I’d play him.

I agree. That day he put in one of the worst performances ive seen at RB to be honest…

Wouldn’t surprise me if he went for leadbitter from brizzle just got released

Well we won’t be getting Chris Lines, he’s apparently signing for Northampton, wouldn’t have minded him. Also Scott Laird now officially released by the vegans.

I love Dev’s passion and hard work, and I’m not totally against him resigning, but I could get me and ten other people out the crowd to do that. Would we make a decent team?