Retained/Released List Announced

Couple of players there I don’t think were given a fair crack. James Hardy the main one. Can’t really complain though as none of the players released are first teamers so hopefully frees up space to improve the starting 11

2 Likes

Regarding Kory, I would get in touch with Gary Rowett at Millwall. I think that he would remember the incident of Kory’s unfortunate injury whilst he was Stoke’s gaffer and I know that he is a man of his word. If only to train at the club, Kory would represent a great squad player if he can prove his fitness. Bradshaw is a very popular player at Millwall too so surely he could put in a word? Millwall are not loaded with bundles of cash so I think that he would be worth a punt because he’s still young and always showed bundles of potential. I wish him the best of luck.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have tried to keep Guthrie- there must be better options available. There can be no excuses for Guthrie not being fully fit next season.

Shame for Korey: we’ll never know if he’d have made it if he hadn’t had that horrific injury. A bit surprised that Facey has been released: I wonder if he would have been retained if Norman was out of contract. I hope we can bring in at least 2-3 players: a left-back/left-sided midfielder, an attacking right-sided midfielder and a utility player.

Be interesting to see what the budget allows, at a guess there will be very few coming through the door.

The gaps will be filled by youth.

Holden was so much better in the middle shame we could no keep him

5 Likes

Yes the Manager has said there will not be many coming in but he would go for quality. For me a LB.a CM,a RW and a keeper would be good.

1 Like

A second keeper and resigning Holden is about what I expect in the short term. Given all the virus uncertainty money will be very tight to start the season whenever.

1 Like

This talking about football on a political forum is peeing me off :rofl:

19 Likes

Don’t worry it won’t last!

3 Likes

I’m not saying he will come back but… he is never going to sign (Loan or transfer) without going back to his parent club first.

1 Like

Would be great if we could get Pring and Holden back. Would have kept Facey as he was putting in some decent performances. Would have freed up Guthrie’s wage as I can see him playing even less games next season. And as for Kory you have to feel sorry for the lad. I hope he can come back from his injury stronger sadly not with us.

3 Likes

Especially all this talk about needing to sign a right-winger. I thought we had enough!

3 Likes

Facey was decent when in the side, but I’m not sure there is really much between him and Norman. Both got better towards end of the season. I wouldn’t be suprised if Facey has decided he will try elsewhere.

Everything else as expected, Kory has a long road back and I think it might be good for him if he goes elsewhere.

Guthrie is absolutely worth another year for me,it was too late but when he got himself fit you could see the class on the ball, for L2 anyway. His set pieces are worth a few points a year too. (At the right price of course)

I hope CCM signs on for a bit longer.

Someone else that seems to have been totally forgotten (by the club as much as the fans as he’s not mentioned at all in the official announcement) - what’s the score with Kiersey?

Pleased we’ve been able to offer some new deals, the finances are presumably better than I feared they might be. I suppose our ST money has helped.

Shame for Kory, hopefully he will get a chance elsewhere and can get back on track.

Guthrie is a good player but needs to be fit, perhaps his contract will reflect his previous problems with injuries.

My only slight query would be Facey, who I thought was showing promise. Interesting to see what happens to him. I think Norman had shown definite improvement over the second half of the season, maybe that made the decision to release Facey a bit easier.

1 Like

I do think that we are a bit top heavy on left wingers myself :wink:

2 Likes

Despite the turbulence, that’s a decent foundation for a proper push.

Would love to get Holden back for another season as he was just beginning to flourish.

As others have said, a great shame about Kory.

Feel a bit for Facey too. I thought he was decent.

But overall, that’s a fine starting point.

3 Likes

Didn’t he leave months back?

More creativity is needed next season. Can’t afford to start another season barely scoring a goal up to November for any sort of serious promotion push.

There is a decent core though if they all stay fit and DC has had 12 months to properly evaluate.

1 Like

Hope Kory can revive his career elsewhere … he deserves to after the trauma of his injury and now this disappointment.

1 Like

Thought his initial short term contract ran out (most of which he missed - supposedly due to injury) but he got invited back not long before the season stopped?