Retained/Released

Strange one that. He’s been really poor when he has actually played.

Bet you’re gutted about retro Joss, though. :cry:

1 Like

Brutal but fair I could make cases for some but no real shock.
It’s all about recruitment now especially up front but at least we have an eleven for the first friendly which hasn’t happened for a few years

Interesting contract extensions possible for the favoured few

The news of Kins is sad I feel, more due to his service and commitment to the club more than anything else. Hopefully he’ll get himself a L2 club.

2 Likes

That starts to put paid to the Mat Sadler isnt ruthless enough nonsense….

For Kinsella it’s the best thing. Someone who has done so much and gives so much to be constantly in the firing line of questioning his ability or his usefulness is quite staggering in my eyes and I hope as he reaches the peak of his career he goes onto be refreshed and reinvigorated at another club.

No real surprises in there. Maddox maybe as he has ability but o don’t think he’s shown either the dedication, determination or the consistency required.

10 Likes

Wait!!! I nearly missed the best bit! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Nice clean slate. Now for the love of god can we get the squad assembled before the transfer window.

3 Likes

Although contracted to us, it doesn’t mean that he is staying. That said, he had an impressive first season here.

No i had assumed hed be shipped out on loan effectively freeing up some more cash

1 Like

I think hes a decent back up and won’t kill the budget

1 Like

TBF , we will now actually see what Trivella are about, without the manic speculation on here .

1 Like

Agree with the released list but surprised Taylor Allen has been offered a new deal.

You’re going to miss his marauding runs forward aren’t you :smirk:

1 Like

I believe Taylor Allen will be negotiating his option year which will be a pretty low budget issue on last seasons wages. My bet is he’ll have offers from National league paying him more and the delay will be him worthing up his option rather than us weighing up ours.

So glad we wont see Ladabie and White in a Walsall shirt again.

24 Likes

Hear hear. Both massive disappointments

2 Likes

It was time for both parties as regards Kins to end on good terms and go separate ways.He would run through a brick wall for you and sometimes did but if we have any aspirations of getting out this league I’d say we need better players than Kins unfortunately.

1 Like

Best of luck to Kinsella.

The abiding memory from his time here will be Stockport away this season, already bandaged up he goes up for a challenge with Paddy Madden that most players would’ve avoided. Takes a boot to the face, wins us the penalty and helps us through to the fourth-round.

It undoubtedly frees up a large chunk of the budget for Sadler to go out and mould a squad in his image.

14 Likes

I’m glad he’s marauding off to somebody else’s bench.

1 Like

Thought Sadler was not in charge of recruitment due to the new “structure”?