Rico Henry Sell On Clause

Paterson was really unlucky. If you remember in 13/14 he hit a really good run of form for Forest midway through the season, think he scored a hat trick v West Ham in the cup.

Stuart Pearce came in the next season and in his wisdom didn’t rate him and regularly left him out of the team so his value dropped and any prem team tracking him lost interest. He then went to Bristol City for minimal amount.

Was trying to remember with Bradshaw whether he got a bad injury at Barnsley. Think that halted his progress but he’s now scoring regularly at Millwall so very possible a lower prem team or promotion chasing one will pick him up in the summer.

I do like the analogy of hitting the post a lot with these sell on fees. Bournemouth had Adam Lallana up to age of 12 but they got a massive amount when he moved to Liverpool and that helped fund their rise into the premier league.

Hull City got a good chunk from Maguire’s 70m move to Man. United but wasted due to the ownership turmoil they continue to be in.

Under previous owner stuff like 4-5m for Deeney wouldn’t have made much difference but at this stage I’d like to take LP at face value so a good chunk when Rico moves on could really change the club for the better on and off the pitch.

1 Like

How much can we realistically get from a sell on clause with all the other add on’s? at least if it does happen i think we have more trust in our NEW owner to utilise it better than the last one

1 Like

Given how Brentford’s position is improving - wealthy owner, great season so far, new stadium ready next year and the riches of the PL within the gunsights, I’m not so sure they’d be up for selling him any time soon…

We all know we seem to ‘hit the post’ all too often with player sell ons (as someone so nicely put it previously) - I ain’t getting too excited about a windfall from Rico …

2 Likes

My nephew just told me they are signing a 39 year old goalkeeper next week :open_mouth:

Could be a good thing…If rico has an exceptional second half of the season and they just miss out on promotion . sure they would sell but not to the first bidder.could be a bit of a bidding war . We live in hope.

1 Like

We do! :roll_eyes:

Given his previous injury record, a full season with no problems will increase his value enormously. He was strongly linked with Celtic during the summer.

The best scenario would be Brentford getting promoted an England call up in a friendly and then him being sold for big money three potential clauses all activated!

Speculation again that Villa are tracking him ?

No matter how much we get for him mate - we’ll still be miles away from the likes of Crewe, Exeter, Cheltenham and Northampton in terms of resources… I think they think we’re all stupid…

2 Likes

Just had a look on Twitter they’re raving about Rico, I reckon he’ll be gone before the end of the window and the good thing for us is Brentford won’t take peanuts for him they’ll make the club that want him pay.

1 Like

What % do we get in our sell on clause for Rico?

Is our clause a percentage of the profit or just percentage of overall sale?

I’m not sure the club have released any details regarding the clauses only that there are clauses in place, I maybe wrong though

Just mentions potential 5m add-on clauses

Whatever happened to that 1.5 million?

4 Likes

I think that any money that was in the kitty at the time of bonzo’s reign he has taken, it was probably a case off “it was made while i still owned the club so it’s mine” and wouldn’t surprise me at all if most of the rico money will be part of the deal as well

1 Like

Same as the Bradshaw fee, it went back into the club ‘infrastructure’ …cough cough.

1 Like

Maybe it was spend on Makris…

So up what (cypriot) black hole did that money go to…

1 Like