Rico Henry Sell On Clause

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/october/rico-henry-mr.-consistent/

2 Likes

A really good piece.Thanks for putting it on here.

2 Likes

Can see Newcastle signing him. Really can.

20 mil at least. Imagine if that does come off. All cynical iterations aside it may really push us forward or pay Jeff off.

1 Like

Say we have a 20% sell on for Rico and he’s sold for 20 million, we receive 4 million, nowhere near enough to buy the freehold.
I believe Bonser would want 8-10 million to release the club from it’s obligation, he’s in no hurry to sell as his family are making almost 500K per annum in retirement…pretty good gig if you ask me!
We’re talking big if’s here. If Rico is sold for 20 million plus, If the club uses the sell on money towards the freehold cost, If Bonser will sell for 8 million or less and IF that all happens - do you think our board members could collectively come up (scrape up, more like) with the balance to purchase the freehold?
One more if. If they can’t, why are they on the board?

How much would a new 8-10k ground cost ?
Asking because if we spent 8-10 million on buying a ground 20 years old which looks very dated now then we would need to spend a lot to do the ground up in 10-20 years time anyway and we will need to buy a new ground in the future anyway eventually what’s the real point in buying the land?
Id rather invest the majority of the money into making us a league 1 team again and staying there

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1468898225553764356

1 Like

Bescot stadium with all the bars in every stand , conference suite’s, 3g pitch , LED advertising board, plus the fact it’s actually a tier 3 football ground would probably cost 25 - 30 million pound to build today. I read somewhere if Wembley stadium was built in 2020 it would have cost 1 billion pound I think it cost something like 600 million at the time it was built about 3 years over schedule.
The only way Walsall fc will have it’s “own” stadium again would be to build a replica of Salford city’s ground I don’t think I’d be on board with that to be honest that new bar in the lower is quite comfortable more comfortable than standing behind a corrugated metal stand in the outdoors like at Salford anyway.

1 Like

Brilliant news for the lad but again another load of money that’ll disappear,sometimes I wonder why fans get excited about it let’s be honest it won’t change anything on the pitch if we recieve add on money it never does.

3 Likes

If ever it did happen, the club would see not a penny, we all know it would end up with our real leader, or would that be Suffolk Life, or perhaps, infrastructure…god, our ‘infrastructure’ must now be utterly magnificent, so much has gone into the ‘black hole’ over the years…we must have a fabulous stadium, excellent facilities, an academy that is the talk of the EFL, and a team heading for the Championship.

2 Likes

Straws clutched at

Chillwell out for rest of season injured. Rico one step closer

I really hope Rico gets called up, not just for the money we would receive but for being rewarded for a lot of hard work on and off the pitch.
He’s one of the very few players I’ve seen in a Walsall shirt that had the potential to play for England one day. Alan Clarke and Scott Dann being the others.

6 Likes

Luke Shaw bench warming at Man. United now although Southgate tends to call up those who’ve played well for him regardless of current club form.

Compared to ridiculous amount of options at RB there really isn’t a huge amount of genuine LB options available. Rico is certainly no worse than someone like Targett at Villa who I guess would be in the mix if there was another injury.

With world cup later in the year March games give a chance for experiments. Wonder though if possible clause only covers competitive games or do friendlies count?

Out with Hamstring injury atm

Usually either.

A cap is a cap surely.

6 Likes

You would like to think so.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if Brentford’s lawyers tried to “riddle” out of it, citing the “When is a door not a door?” riddle and coming up with some reason not to pay up.

When is a cap not a cap? When it’s askew, perhaps.

Of course I am again guilty of assuming that such an add-on exists, from which Brentford could wriggle.

He hasn’t played the last couple of games for the Nylons, is he injured, does anyone know?

Thigh injury according to Sportsmole.

1 Like

Hopefully that won’t keep him out too long then.
I was wondering, with Chilwell being injured, if Chelsea might be interested in signing him, assuming their supposed interest in Digne cools, or he kisses and makes up with Rafa.
And then if West Ham sign Eli to give them some much needed cover…maybe we could finally get Bonser off our backs. :partying_face: Oh, I’m sorry, I think I’ve been drinking too much this festive season, I need to go for a lie down.

4 Likes