Rip big baz

No. Don’t know that one. You’re out towards Chelmsley Wood there and the the big Blues Pub up there was The Happy Trooper. Notorious.

I was four or five miles into Brum from there. So from The Glebe on the Stechford/Kitts Green border, The Manor House which was my local and then pubs like the Fox & Goose, The Ward End, The Richmond, The Pelham and Brookhill at the top of Alum Rock. Then the Bordsley and Richmond in Bordsley Green. Of all of those, I think only the Fox and Goose is left standing which is a great shame as they were all decent boozers back then.

1 Like

Used the fox and goose s lot Many years back

Used yo be a social club. A bit further up past the shops. That was also ok. It was. By the driving test centre If memory serves me right.

Would be about 1985. When I stopped Using them and moved back to Walsall. After spending a few years living in Walmley

Fish fingers

1 Like

Used to spend a lot of time in Sundown and Later Range with Paul Chunk. Great days.

1 Like

They certainly where mate, i didn’t get much pocket money, but what i had mostly went in there :grin:
My brother in law passed away a few years ago at the age of 60, and he was a DJ, he left a large part of his record collection to my wife, i wonder if Paul is still around? :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Not sure tbh mate, I know he was selling stuff online after it closed but that was years ago.

1 Like

Many years ago, I moved to Coventry (and worked there) but still played Sunday football in Walsall. I couldn’t make the mid-week training sessions but on the way home from work I used to drive past a karate school. Seemed like an easy way to keep fit for football, so I joined. For one of the first semi-contact sparring sessions my opponent was Barrington Patterson. Suddenly, the alternative keep-fit plan no longer seemed like a good idea! Luckily for me –instead of clobbering me – he just pointed out where I was going wrong.

6 Likes

Funeral was today. Huge turn out. Which isn’t a surprise.

RIP big man

1 Like

Me never heard of it

Bradford St Arcade, below the Aussie Dentist…

1 Like