Ripping things up

Wow, what a handy way of completely ignoring the part of a question you don’t like. Must use that.

Depends on your view.

Basically admitting that what you have done so far is so rubbish that you are now going to “rip it up and start again” smacks of desperation.

He can say other things that don’t make him appear clueless.

Is it not?

You’re assuming people have to comply with your insistence that he doesn’t leave.

Guess what - we don’t.

You’ve asked for suggestions and become defensive over the responses. A drama entirely of your own making.

Where have I done that? I’ve just pointed out how unrealistic it is to expect him to do that. If you want to think that go ahead. it doesn’t answer my question though.

Rich coming from the man who bitches in the Bojo thread everyday about people not answering questions. Just ironic that it’s a different response when the shoe is on the other foot. There’s no drama.

How does that help him at this stage though? He is saying indirectly that the training methods he employs don’t work and it has taken him until we are utterly in the ■■■■ to realise it.
Were these the same methods employed in the first part of the season?

The adage, “Better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, rather than open one’s mouth and remove all doubt” comes to mind.

Poster 1: What do you suggest he does? You can’t say leave.
Poster 2: Leave, he’s crap.
Poster 1: You can’t say leave.
Poster 2: I can and just did. He’s crap.
Poster 1: How dare you, you’re not adhering to my question rules!
Poster 2: Couldn’t give a toss mate, he’s crap.
Poster 1: You’re a bounder and cad of the first water.
Poster 2: Whatever. Don’t ask for suggestions if you’re going to self-immolate over the answer.

8 Likes

How does what help him at this stage? Changing plans? I’d say it’s pretty ■■■■■■■ necessary based on the tripe I’ve watched.

Poster one: Asks question
Poster two: Doesn’t answer question.

Ripping things up and starting again? That says to me that he is clutching at straws. Yes, make some changes by all means.

The only thing you asked for was a suggestion. You’ve had a response. Apparently that’s now morphed into a question, to which the obvious inference is: he’s out of options, I don’t think he’s got the brains to dig us out. He should go.

Hope that helps.

Every thread goes the same way.

4 Likes

It was pretty clearly a question to begin with but ok. Cheers Pinna … I mean Matt.

I think Broadhurst had a similar problem. He found out mid-season his squad weren’t fit enough and that there’s no easy way of rectifying that. He tried upping fitness, but ultimately had to go with what the players were telling him-that hard training was just making them worse… There’s obviously a big difference in that Broadhurst had recently taken over ,and had inherited both the squad and its fitness levels.

Might be preferable if you write out some stock answers and the rest of us minions simply select our desired choice. Save all the unnecessary engagement when someone annoyingly breaks your suggestion rules.

Ok pal :+1:

I’d say we’re at that stage now, wouldn’t you? I mean he’s tried changing numerous things through the season here and there and it hasn’t worked.

Ripping up and starting again sounds like exactly what it needs. But hey, if he came out and said we are sticking to what we have done all season he’d get battered for that as well so I don’t know why I’m bothering going against the Echo Chamber.

No need for either extreme though. It’s not black and white.

Why do all these posts always turn nasty . Everybody is entitled to have there opinion right or wrong . Don’t have to jump on people just because you may not agree or have a different opinion. So depressing to read all the time.

8 Likes

Isn’t there? Two league wins since October calls for something pretty extreme in my opinion.

Like I said, he’s tinkered here and there and it hasn’t worked.