Rory Gaffney Signs

Let’s hope the honest approach that DC uses moves RG on.
He needs to be straight with him and let’s be fair he’s been given ample enough opportunities to prove his worth.
It’s not working out and I think it’s holding us back bringing someone else in.

2 Likes

The bloke would clearly prefer to play his football in Salford. Let him go.

When he had the chance to let the ball run out for a corner, but tried to cross it and deflected it off himself for a goal kick!!
Says it all really. See just doesn’t help himself sometimes :see_no_evil:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had too laugh too myself at that,

He looked lost when it happend

Who did he think he was crossing to anyway - HE is the centre forward who ought to have been waiting in the box for the ball to come over!

Honest i have no idea nor does he i think

I think even DC knows deep down he simply isnt good enough but were stuck with him atm

Surely loan deals can be ended by either side, if things aren’t working, which they certainly aren’t with Gaffney, worst so called centre forward we have had for years.

2 Likes

Got a feeling we may be stuck with Gaffney…Just speculating but it maybe that if he’s sent back to Salford we have to foot the bill of his wages for the remainder of the season.

And to think they wouldn’t allow him to play against them.

I don’t think the rules allow loan players to play against their parent club any more, even if the parent club are ok with it.

Logged in and thought this was a new topic…

1 Like

There you go :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks, Chunk!

1 Like

I stand to be corrected but I think we could loan Gaffney out if Salford were agreeable, as FIFA treat season long loans as permanent transfers for some reason. He surely can’t be enjoying his time with us so a move would surely be best all round.

Something has got to give because he will be costing us precious points

I’m pretty sure geordie they wouldn’t mind one bit as long as they don’t have to have him back , even more of a bonus if they’ve palmed his wages on us :man_facepalming:

Really hope that’s not true but given he didn’t go back straight away on Jan 1st there could be some “punishment” or lack of recall in the deal.

Seems bizarre to me given he was effectively a last minute punt through a combination of missing out on other targets and having played under DC before.

You’d have thought Salford would’ve been grateful for him to go out and put himself in the shop window but looks like they’ve pulled a fast one.

How much will Gaffney be on and How much of that will we be paying do you think?

Can we not just tell them to ■■■■ off, that’s what I do with the mortgage, gas and electric people etc if I don’t want to pay them…it works pretty well for me…lived in the same house for 19 years and I’ve never been cut off, I think its an under used tactic. It can be a bit inconvenient when I go in the council offices to renew my parking permit and everyone hides, but I’ve learned to live with it. I mean what are they going to do? Salford that is.

2 Likes

Is Daphne our version of Neil Baldwin?