Rory Holden

Cannot see him making come back from this contract needs ending and wish him luck.

Letā€™s be honest, if he does get back to fitness I canā€™t see him ever getting back to his old form. I think players (understandably) once they have been through the trauma of a 2yr+ lay-off are very choosy about which 50-50 tackles they compete for. I think we may as well consider him out for the count, then if by some miracle he comes back then thatā€™s brilliant, a new signing.

How long was his contract? Might be time to call it quits to be honest.

Sad news. At best I could imagine him as a coach. As a player? Not so.

Very disappointing for us, and gutting for the player. Fingers crossed he can come through this.

Gutted for Holden but gutted for us to.

1 Like

Canā€™t help but wonder what damage was done in those couple of games last season when he came back and was pivotal stopping the plummet under Dutton.

1 Like

Rotten luck for Rory. Hope this time is the charm for a successful recovery.

1 Like

Thaā€™ts my thoughts entirely Geordie. Where would we have finished without those points and extra momentum. Firstly hes not finished and i wish him all the best in his recovery. We could so easily be in a lower league now.

Not forgetting he was not given the best medical attention and how much pressure was put on him to return when not ready due to any number of the half wits we have at the club. Hes worked so hard to become what is a miracle and be an half decent professional footballer.

That is bad news but not totally unexpected. I do hope he can make it back. Lots have. It would be a pity if he joined the long list of promising players who we have lost through bad injury.

The Club has not had the best run of luck over the last few weeks, to say the least.

1 Like

To be honest if his contract is up and considering some of the dross weā€™ve wasted money on it wouldnā€™t hurt the club to give him a 6/9month minimum wage contract just to see if the lad can get right , with options in the clubs favour.

1 Like

Canā€™t see anyway back for him. Isnā€™t this his 3rd surgery?. Career ending Iā€™m afraid

Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m saying is it ,

I would be pleasantly surprised if he did get back to anything like fitness though

Genuinely gutted for him. So much potential ruined through injury. I donā€™t think weā€™ll see him in a Walsall shirt again to be honest. Hope Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

Very sorry for the lad.His contract is up at the end of the season but I am sure we will look after him and I hope give him a chance to com back next season.Perhaps a short term deal until next January would be fair on the understanding that if suited both parties he would get a long term contract.

1 Like

We have to unfortunately look after ourselves, if we can bring someone decent in on Holdens money we have to do that and part company. Itā€™s a massive shame for the lad he has so much ability and Iā€™m gutted for him that it looks like his profession could be coming to an end.

1 Like

We struggle to recruit good players, and failing to treat Rory Holden with a bit of decency wonā€™t help. Football is a small world, weā€™d have a reputation for not looking after players, not doing the right thing, so another reason for any player good enough to have choices to choose to sign with somebody else.

2 Likes

Such a shame for the lad. One player we have with genuine quality. There is every chance if he had been able to stay fit he would have been sold by now and be playing at a higher level.

I hope it isnā€™t the end for him, whether that is at Walsall or somewhere else.

1 Like

Is it? I thought he signed a 3yr deal when he signed permanently in 2020, although at that time Clarke didnā€™t want many details of contracts being released.

If he is out of contract in the summer, and if he is back anywhere near full fitness for pre-season (a very big if,I know) he would definitely be worth giving another chance because on the evidence of what we have signed in the last 12-18 months heā€™d probably be better than anything we would be looking to bring in!