Rory training with vale

Don’t think we will ever know the true story with Holden unless rhe club come out and tell us .
If it’s that we were not prepared to continue paying for his treatment whilst training with us and he decided to move on then I suppose that’s fair enough. If he decided just to jump ship after the support we have showed him then f*ck him the Judas.

1 Like

I do not follow the club’s official media, so I might well have missed it, but did Rory Holden or the club make any statement on his leaving Walsall?

If Holden has left without a word of thanks to the club and fans for the support over the years, then I can understand fans being disappointed with him. We are only human and little gestures of appreciation mean something to us.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Sorry @Gavin77 :wink:

1 Like

Yes, he was in the released list at the end of the season but the club stated that he would be invited back for pre season to see if there was any improvement.

Exactly this. Holden may have had a chance if we’d not had two other serious injuries just as he is ‘getting fit’.

We have NOT bent over to help him. We’ve honoured our obligation to his contract (thanks to the players Union), we can’t stretch it any further, he’s got an offer, and I’m pleased for him. That is all.

6 Likes

The benefit to Holden going, is that it will see Ronan Maher move up the pecking order. He appears to be one of the few talents emerging from the Academy so time to put some game time in, especially with the number of subs increasing.

5 Likes

Good luck to him. If we didn’t want him he needs to try elsewhere.

2 Likes