Round 2

Round 2? What is this fabled land of which you speak? Surely it only exists in myths and legends of yore …

3 Likes

Chippenham away obvs

If not anyone who doesn’t care at home

Think we lost 5-2 away at Bolton last time we got there - not really one you want to remember :joy:

1 Like

Think we’ll make the third round this year, but get an awful draw like Rotherham or Wigan away.

Tis the hope that kills ya.

What’s our record in the FA Cup, remember Leitao scoring a double away at Charlton 2002ish when they were in Prem - not sure if that was 3rd or 4th round?

2 Likes

We were well worth our 1-0 HT lead - then forgot to turn round for the second half. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

The Sir Ray inspired Flat Cap Day.

1 Like

Shrews Alvechurch or Chippenham at home.

Remember loads of banners thanking sir ray at that Charlton game.

1 Like

Went to that game. Was a hugely disapppinting day. Let’s hope for better this season.

As it is an English competition, December is not mOssively appealing. The smoke or a place with a nice city centre would be my choice

2 Likes

The smoke, haven’t heard it called that for a long time.

1 Like

Farnborough, Chippenham, Buxton, Wrexham

We’ve been to the 5th round on several occasions, including the game that went to 4-4 in a replay against Watford and 2 years in a row around 2001/2002.

The 5th round at Sheffield United was particularly disappointing. A smaller version of the time we got to Wembley - we just didn’t turn up at all.

The other one - a loss to Fulham - was a better showing but if I remember correctly they scored whilst we were down to ten men with Wrack off having treatment. Lee was furious with the amount of time it took the medical staff to sort him out.

Of course, getting to the 5th round was easier when your campaign began in the third round in January by dint of being in the top two tiers.

5 Likes

Alvechurch (h) they took 1500 to Cheltenham, they’d do the same here - relatively local !

Or another localish side (h) or (a)

Really fancy the Sloppies at Bescot, would feel like a proper cup tie.

6 Likes

Indeed, so our “proper” cup runs are really restricted to those in the 70’s/80’s. That’s a long time.

Big Fat Jan !

Funnily enough not long back I had a memory come up on my Facebook where we were drawn against them in the F.A Cup when Smith was manager, can’t remember the exact year off hand now. The reaction to it from our fans was underwhelming, to say the least. " can’t be arsed with this" etc etc. I made a post about how it would have been a huge game not all that many years ago.

I guess we were playing them on a more regular basis in the league at the time but all the same, it still should always be a decent draw.

1 Like