Round 2

… but then an injury time equaliser. 5 points.

:grinning:Offer here

Those 4 results tonight show what a bang average league this is mate.

Surely we can get 7th…

:pray:Offer

Ian Henderson scored Dale’s goal tonight. Now their all-time top scorer

1 Like

We are joint top in the form table ( last six games) we now shouldn’t fear anyone at this level
Hope we can just keep it up with destroying Carlisle both times in 2 weeks

They conceded 3 to Harrogate who i thought were absolutely terrible when we played them :laughing:

It does but it might also show the type of football that the managers, the pitches and the referees allow. Walsall played much better football against a higher league team. If you get clattered and the ref waves play on, they is a tendency for safety to take priority over adventure. In L2, you have to be good at dead-ball situations.

1 Like

I think the club should pull out all the stops to get a bumper crowd in. WC apart, with no live higher level football to see in the W Mids, they should be attempting to get as many casuals as possible. Ticket offers, 2 for 1’s, PR, anything.

1 Like

Fully agree. It’s all bonus revenue as nothing can be guaranteed when it comes to cup progress, they won’t have budgeted it so they need to maximise it the best they can

1 Like

Welcome to the club! :grin:

Well closing 2 stands is not going to help. Obviously not bothered about attracting extra fans.

Agree, but again the club are restricted in what they are allowed to do by the FA.

Or god.

2 Likes

I remember him rather upsetting me when he scored their first goal, but over 50 years on I must admit to feeling rather sad to hear that David Johnson has passed away today at a relatively young age.
Where has the time gone?

3 Likes

2 stands? I thought it was just upper with the religious meeting?

Ultimately it’s just going to be 3-4k crowd even if Carlisle bring a decent number.

Yes, family stand given to Carlisle. I do get annoyed at keep having to move.

1 Like

Just do what i do
Not attend :joy: :wink:

4 of the 5 stands will be occupied - it’s just upstairs in the Poundland that will be empty.

1 Like

Indeed, the club’ going to make a shitload more from a weekend event than people sitting in their normal seats. The crowd was never going to fill the ground, sweat the asset! :wink:

2 Likes

Just been looking at the online tickets webpage. Looks like there’s gona be hardly anyone in the away end behind the goal. Very disappointing attendance considering the entertainment we have had on the pitch lately.

If everyone copied Chunkster we wouldn’t have a club to support.

2 Likes

It was said tongue in cheek :wink:
I have watched nearly every game this season (albeit on ifollow), and some of the football has been sublime and some atrocious, we look like we are getting better, so as football comes under the “entertainment” banner, and we are actually looking “entertaining” i may start to attend again in the near future.

2 Likes