Rushworth to Barca!

Ok he’s not our player but this has got to be the first time a career path has gone Walsall to Barcelona !!

2 Likes

Pah. Shows how far we’ve fallen. We used to take players from Barcelona! (Via a few other clubs)

2 Likes

Literally the point I am making.

Not everything is an argument.

Surely we could have been in a position to sign Mayo and Miller rather than loan them. Neither are particularly wanted by their parent club and we are supposedly well placed financially.

1 Like

Yes I posted a few weeks ago that Brighton had turned down an offer of 4 million for him, personally I think he is worth more.

1 Like

But I’d already made that point? So why are you even responding then? :joy:

If you don’t want everything to be an argument don’t treat it like one.

And Pedro Matias had once been on Real Madrid’s books.

2 Likes

I seem to remember at the time we signed him on loan that Barca had offered 4 million for him and they turned it down

This was February 2020

That’s one player not 4, you missed the point.

He’d just get lost in the system at Barca. Reminds me of Louie Barry who went from West Brom academy at 16, was at Barcelona 6 months and then Villa signed him.

Is there a recall option in January or is he here the full season?

:sleeping: “you said a thing that contradicts me, you missed the point!”

Like I said, didn’t realise the players we signed that season were bang average

I think we should all appreciate the joy of seeing him play for us even if it’s only for a short time.

6 Likes

I don’t think we need worry. I can’t imagine anyone giving up the delights of the Black Country to live in Barcelona. OK, it’s a beautiful, historic city on the shoreline of the Med, and the weather is gorgeous, and Barca is one of the two biggest football clubs in the world, but what else does it have to recommend it? He’s staying.

2 Likes

Well we don’t sign players to judge do we , we sign loans instead :joy:

We’ve signed 25 players in the last 3 years on permanent deals, 9 of which were this season …

Exactly , we signed 9 when realistically we should have signed 14/15.

We also haven’t signed a striker for 2 years or so? The model is broken.

Totally agree, I just don’t buy that you can’t bring in good quality loans that improve your side alongside the right number of players and be anything more than a stop gap. I don’t think that is the issue here.

I think our owners aversion to being honest about our ambitions and the lack of any footballing knowledge in the boardroom (and Fullerton, judging on what he has brought into the club doesn’t improve that) is far more the issue.

2 Likes

Whatever you think of loans he’s gone in January and will need replacing I hope he does well and has the right team around him to keep him on his feet you can fall just as quickly as you rise in this game.

Hmm I wouldn’t be so sure. As good as he has been, Brighton have 3 First team goalkeepers and 4 U23 keepers in their squad. They’re probably happy with him getting game time and developing, and the Barca story seems a bit of a rake up on a slow news day.

1 Like

League 1 clubs might come in for him, seen that a few times in last few seasons.

Depends what’s in the deal but pretty much always a release clause for young players out on loan.