Russell Martin

We’re still yet to recover from the massive brainfart that was Jon Whitney’s summer of 2017!

4 Likes

Yeah been a big disappointment so far. Surprised how poor his passing is from someone who’s played at the top level for 4-5 years.

'Ere you lot…leave swampy alone.

It ain’t easy being an eco-warrior.

I got shot down for suggesting that he didn’t want to be here…

Sorry but I’m right .

I dont think he doesn’t want to be here, I just think he’s ■■■■ :joy:

By that I mean his fitness is poor, because he ain’t arsed

Seen the 4th goal yet?

I don’t think Keates can drop him,he’s built him up as the teams motivator and says how his experience is vital to his teammates.No one knows what Keates has promised him as far as guaranteed appearances to get him to sign in the first place.I’m sure Martins plan was to use Walsall as a way of getting match fit and putting himself in the shop window to impress a Championship club for next season.

Does he think he can tackle people by standing 6 foot away and looking at them?

Useless, get rid!

I’d rather have a capable CB at centre back over a motivational speaker. Get rid. Waste of a wage.

Guthrie was ■■■■■■■ appalling there.

No just every home game this season

Call me synical but Fitz has been ■■■■ since he came back. Not a massive Martin fan but there’s.no great negative to playing hkm rather than Fitz. Could do with a bettter centre half in Jan either way

I remember reading this article when Martin first joined us. Seems he has previous at being crap.

Connor Johnson must be feeling pretty aggrieved, after his performance against Sunderland. Always concluded that he was signed purely as back-up, but that shouldn’t be the team selection heuristic if fringe players are outperforming the regulars when they are called upon.

2 Likes

See the teammate quoted is “Morgan Terrier”. He could do with a bit more bite in front of goal!

2 Likes

Well start of season defence was getting loads of plaudits (although could be just they were playing the relegation candidates every week back then) and Fitz was starting week in week out. I agree he dipped a bit but you can’t seriously leave it as Dobson-Martin next week against Godden, Toney, Dembele and Maddison?

Posh have two of the highest scorers in league one so far so I’d play a defensive back 5 and hope for the best, maybe even bring in Johnson aswell.

Hang on , a lot of our early season form was down to the defence and Fitzwater. Why are people suggesting he’s poor?

I’d take him over Martin any day of the week!

Agreed…he was very good in partnership with Guthrie.

Glad it’s not just me who thinks so.