Salford City FC

From a selfish point of view my better half is working until midday Saturday so moving the game forward meant we would of had to miss it. As it is we can tick off another new ground and hopefully get back in time for the France game. Does anyone know what the parking is like near the Salford ground?

1 Like

Hate clubs like Salford. What do they bring to the football league other than inflating the wage/transfer market and diluting atmospheres with their feable away followings.

1 Like

Pretty crap.

If i remember right they had a park and ride last time we went? either that or it was a bloody long walk :smile:

So am I

They did but it only dropped off and picked up from outside their end of the ground - which is a pretty long walk in itself from the away end as the grounds situated in the middle of a load of houses with no passages along the side. And only one shuttle bus on by the look of it. Couldn’t be arsed to walk all the way round when I used it and ended up walking back all the way down the hill - and got to my car well before I would have done using the bloody thing.

:unamused:Offer here,

Football has enough Ars+ wipes and Salford just become one of the many ( if they were not already part of that club ).
Every season we call for sense to try and provide a leveler in this murky game that is called Professional football.

Jo public may as well start watching a sport that cares about its fan base.

Realistically, the group of idiots known as the FA should have pushed for ALL games to commence earlier, no one was wanting 12.00 noon kick offs but a realistic time so a “proper” football fan can watch their beloved team and then get the opportunity to watch their beloved Country in the same day.
2.00pm was not a lot to ask, every professional game played this weekend should have been at that time in my humble opinion.
Some maybe earlier granted, but at least gives every away fans a bit of a chance to get home before the 2nd half commences.

Eleven games in the Championship, Lg1 & Lg2 commence before 3.00pm.

Mind you, none of the 3 “National” leagues have early kick offs.
4 dreadful examples
Poor old Scunny (248m), Barnet (195m), York (223m) & Altrincham (232m) its bloody disgraceful.

Asking a fan to choose country over their team or vice versa is just WRONG.

:wink:Offer

1 Like

Not just Salford…

If only the authorities had had the time to think about this and put the fans first…

7 Likes

Given the importance of the match given our position and the fact they will have seen we travel in numbers and back the team well resulting in a couple of last minute winners recently I would imagine they will be quite happy if it means less of our fans turn up.

2 Likes

I wonder if or how much it will knock our following :thinking:. Wouldn’t matter to me if match was at same time, but i’d be a bit miffed about missing the England match. I’m lucky i only need to get back to Wigan (if I make it out of Mcr). Bringing a Man City fan mate (same age as me, one who went when they were crap). We share a mutual dislike of Salford. I’ve always had a pint in Mcr and jumped in taxi to ground, nowt round the ground. I assume there will be a fair few Saddlers drinking in Mcr?

@geordiesaddler is a disgrace :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: where are his pub guides ffs :thinking::joy:

Pub guides? Fake news!

Im staying in manc for the weekend so should be ok.

Love the “should be” :grin:

All go in cars or get a lift in a car (if possible) and you will be back for 7 #walsallbeforeengland

1 Like

This place is not too long a walk from the ground, and was rammed with Saddlers when we were up there in March. They haf to send out for extra bar staff to help out with the rush! :joy:

I met up with @geordiesaddler and his lad in there so it’s probably a place that would make one of his pub guides (if he could stop taunting @Thanatos long enough to do them again :grin:).

3 Likes

It’s crap. Although there is some street parking about you wanna get parked up early if you don’t fancy a long walk.

The local residents really aren’t fans of the football club either. They were happy when it was just 50 people turning up.

I mean, there’s not many more turn up now is there?

Bloody hate this club and their plastic fans. People are only bothered because the Class of 92 own them, and even that is wearing thin now.

1 Like

They’d probably be guides to pubs on the Moon or under the sea these days :joy: