Say something positive about a Walsall flop

… and be genuine. Perhaps you saw Ashley Grimes nail a tight parallel park first time somewhere? Or you remember an absolute worldy save that Johnny Brain pulled off in a nothing game in November, and without the points from that game, we’d have ultimately gone down? Or you spoke to Jean-Jacques Eydelie’s mum in the bar after a game, and she was really nice.

I’ll start with an easy one… I can’t think of any other Walsall manager than Sean O’Driscoll who can boast an unbeaten away record.

1 Like

I saw Andreas Makris score an absolute worldy once!

4 Likes

Karl Hawley had a decent career

Bakayoko … managed to get 300k for him.

2 Likes

Samassi Abou had a stunning girlfriend or wife or companion, whatever she was.

1 Like

Jordan Cook scored one of the best goals ever witnessed at the Bezzla

4 Likes

We played at Wembley apparently?

1 Like

Steve Staunton was good at crosswords

1 Like

Ken Armstrong was named after two of the most iconic male dolls.

1 Like

… and seriously I saw Mathieu Manset set us on the way to Wembley with a finely taken goal at Rochdale in the first round of the JPT. Neat finish.

1 Like

Sean O’Driscoll never lost a league away game in his time in charge.

Also won an FA cup 3rd round tie away from home which is a very rare thing in last 15 years!

2 Likes

Darko Mavrak
the name had a certain ring to it

Was friends with a Dubliner at the time. He said he phoned his dad, who was not pleased at Staunton’s appointment as Irish manager. He told him, " I know a Walsall fan here who’s laughing his ■■■■■■■■ off they got £60,000 for him."

2 Likes

Plus his defending was impeccable. Never once gave a goal away.

1 Like

I completely forgot they paid us compensation for him. Maybe Merson knew what he was doing afterall.

Bielik never played a bad game for us.

5 Likes

Danny Sonner was so good that we signed him
twice

1 Like

Walsall were truly bonkers getting Mads Timm from Man U, even if was on loan!

2 Likes

Dale Banton had nice hair. (Apparently cut by Tony Barras missus)

1 Like

Frank Sibley signed my autograph book. (When I asked Ken Wheldon for his autograph he said he only signed cheques)

1 Like