Scarlet Pomperlet

Don’t think we will get any more videos to be honest. He’s become a complete laughing stock especially with all the bravado this season. ‘were never going to be 19th again’ and the promise of mounting a serious challenge for promotion.

I think the You Tube era is well and truly over

No he hasn’t. Maybe in your small-minded minority opinion, but hey, you do you.

14 Likes

You won’t find me taking the mick out of Leigh Pomlett, as I am just thankful that he took on the challenge of running this club, when clearly no-one else stepped up to buy out Bonser and his brother.
Yes, his videos come in for criticism, but he always admitted he doesn’t have the finance to turn the club around, and he’s trying to find investors who can.
I hope he doesn’t stop communicating with fans, despite all the negativity, as that is 100% better than we ever had from Bonser.
Give the guy a chance, and get behind the players. Nothing is easy at this level of football any more.

9 Likes

I’m not actually taking the mick. I just don’t think he will put out any more You Tube Videos. It’s not in his best interests any more. What can he possibly say that’s positive when we are virtually 92nd in the football league and half a squad put to gather. He can’t… …

Why do you think anyone would read your deadly serious poison as “taking the mick”?

Did I start this thread? Take a look at the other posts from other posters on the state of things.

1 Like

By the way you should be doing you job properly as a moderator not having at a going at me. I’ve expressed an opinion nothing more. I can tell you that there are at least twenty libelous comments about various people connected with Walsall fc on the various threads. I suggest you trawl through and remove them.

1 Like

Typical response. Totally lose it, then play the ‘but mod’ card.

4 Likes

Leigh is a hard working fan who has had the bottle to put his head above the parapet. He evidently isn’t loaded, but what he can’t put in in money he puts in in time. If somebody with serious wedge came along I think he would happily stand aside.

He’s a nice guy. He’s a loyal guy. Good qualities.

My only worry is that he is too nice and too loyal. But I don’t know him.

His communications to date are welcome. I wish he would be even more transparent on some stuff. Andy Holt is the role model here. The opaque stuff on the help the landlords gave during Covid does nothing to stop mischievous dots being joined in some quarters. If chunks of the Jukes, Adebayo and Clarke money had to be spent on the rent whilst we had very little revenue coming in, that information would be infuriating but nevertheless answers those questions. He could reveal in very broad strokes the direction of travel in budget terms. Wage bill in January versus wage bill in September and a rationale for any delta.

So is he perfect? Nope - who is?

Is he a laughing stock? Get bleedin real. A million miles away.

22 Likes

Were uncle Jeff’s video updates any good? Must have missed them.

4 Likes

Id rather he just kept quiet for a bit to be honest. There’s not really much he can say is there?

1 Like

I think what many of us find frustrating is that we have the carrot dangled in front of us, so to speak, by way of comments like we are pushing to get deals over the line, or there are 9 clubs who are after this striker and he would ve a real coup for us, and then we hear absolutely nothing!!! These comments have come from both Pomlett and Taylor. Why can’t they just come out and say we missed out on them.for what ever reason. At least it would stop some of the allegations and guesswork that we all throw in.

The Club at times goes from being transparent to very opaque!!! They really don’t help themselves.

2 Likes

That’s why they shouldn’t tell us any of this stuff about who were after. Because when it falls through, as I imagine most deals do in the windows because someone is always desperate enough to offer more, then the club are left with nothing to say.

1 Like

He’s only open and communicative when he wants to be. Have people still not worked this out?

I couldn’t give a shit who we missed out on exactly but it would be nice to know how he thinks we are going to get through the season with this threadbare squad and make the play offs as he insists on our fast track to the championship.

1 Like

Pomletts latest video

Another forecast from GENSANX proven wrong.

6 Likes

So we had a tough transfer window for catering staff then!

2 Likes

In the latest video he appears to be saying Miller was the striker that they told us other clubs were after and Fullerton was competing to sign.

I read on tinternet somewhere that we weren’t the only club after Miller and it wasn’t a done deal when we thought it was.

1 Like

Hope we still sign a winger and cover for left back at least.