Scott Laird

Left back…

…in the changing room.

1 Like

I wonder if Leahy is off then

He’s probably already left, they don’t want to announce it yet though as the Easter bunny has got him a chocolate egg and they didn’t wanna let him down.

1 Like

I’ve thought it would be an idea to play our lead assist-er, best crosser of the ball and most accurate passer whose not very good defensively at left midfield for sometime but to be fair we haven’t had another left back in the squad.

With Jarvis signing as well though I assume that means Leahy is off or dropped.

3 Likes

If the experiment at Fleetwood end of last season was anything to go by this is not a good idea.

1 Like

To be fair something shouldn’t be written off after one attempt especially in a dead rubber.

I mean, if you only got one shot and if it doesn’t work it’s abandoned Zeli Morris and Gordon wouldn’t get a game for the rest of the season on the wings.

It’s all irrelevant anyway now because Jarvis and Zeli are both better players than Leahy so I really don’t see where he comes into the team at all now.

3 Likes

Like I said, not fussed. He’s better than what we have so it’ll do me.

1 Like

Only way I can see is if we look to moving to wing backs. The added advantage would be Jarvis would be free to play as an outside forward.

2 Likes

If we do manage to sign him and he’s able to play on Saturday, we must be holding on to announcement that Leahy has left the club to appease the fans for Monday

1 Like

Yeah, another formation that when tried it was executed poorly and with the wrong personnel. I think this could work and gives us much better options.

As you say Jarvis in more dangerous positions, same for Zeli, 3-4-3, 5-4-1, 3-5-2 could all be played with the players we already have (plus a centre half signing).

Me thinks our Scouting is literally a linked In profile page for ex players previously at this club

Wouldn’t surprise me if Mantom appeared again in the next year or so.

1 Like

Another policy of this board that simply cannot successfully operate in the modern day game. The only players that do not have agents these days are non-league.

Like someone else has said, signing players from a previous regime? Who is making the decisions here??

Could it be that Keates has little decision in the transfer targets. Seems strange that so many ex players are being linked with a return. Saves negotiating with new players to a club when ex players know the structure and wage restraints and are easier to attract.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t he may as well walk out now because it will only end in tears and fans, that demand loyalty, will turn on him.

Players that were at this club in the last three years on the whole weren’t good enough. Particularly the ones that dropped down a league. Two things show you this, our performances over that time and their performances since. Isiah Osbourne, case in point.

Probably had his contact terminated

Do you reckon there are only about 25 players in the football league that haven’t blocked Walsall’s phone number on their phones, meaning we’re a bit restricted when approaching players?

1 Like

Very much doubt that as it would involve a payout!

I think, if the rumours are true it smacks of desperation and a lack of direction. (Apart from backwards)! We are at a point where we are hoping something will work to save us from relegation and very short term because of the mess we are in!

3 Likes

Oh dear if that is the best we can do we are in deep trouble. I don’t think he is better than Leahy for a start,apparently he has played one game this season and is therefor unlikely to be match fit. We cannot be short of cash so I hope this rumour is wrong.

2 Likes

Flo Cuvelier recommended him to us after he delivered Pizza to him in the summer.

1 Like