Scunthorpe United (A), 11th August 3pm

How do you get 4 points?:sunglasses:

Great result - surprise package😃

Here’s another thought … we do seem to be doing much more attacking than might be expected, and the more attacking you do the more chances you have of the opposition committing fouls which lead to penalty kicks. We’ve had a penalty in each of our two games so far.

1 Like

Brill result and by the sounds of it we should have won :smiley:

League one table looking good…level with Sunderland.

Burton and Sloppies already in bottom 4.

Just leaving Sunny Scunny very happy , brilliant performance where you could certainly argue we deserved all 3 points.

Will say though it was a really silly goal to concede and had that not gone in I think we win by 2-3.

Great to see Leahy improving I thought he was superb today.

UTS

4 Likes

Did the kids enjoy it @Mazza01 :smiley:

Two games into the season and we’ve claimed 4 points from losing positions so there clearly seems to be a good spirit within the team. It’ll be interesting to see how we cope when we take the lead in a game but all in all the signs are positive so far

Ha ha loved it , I thought it was a great game tbf

1 Like

This. One of my biggest criticisms under Whitney (and I had a few!) was that when we did manage to engineer winning positions we hardly ever went for the throat. We were often found sitting back on a 1-0 or 2-1 lead with the equaliser almost inevitable. If we do go 1-0, up I want 2-0 then 3-0 then game over. Some teams are expert at this. We need to get better at it, especially at home.

Skylights

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXgGjO92ZDsanPghvqdpYmmYd9MZo37s/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

Looks as positive as it sounded. The only Scunthorpe highlight was their goal - he did look offside in the build up as well. I’m also happy to hear that Leahy had a good game. Hopefully he and Devlin have worked hard to improve on their shortcomings from last season and will kick on this.

1 Like

Just got back. We mullered 'em first half and should have gone in 2 or 3 goals to the good. Last 10 minutes of the first half they came back into it a bit. They scored a good goal and we continued to batter them and got the pen. It’s slightly worrying that we haven’t scored a goal from open play yet.
The woodwork was definitely biased towards them.
All in all a very promising performance. Bring on the Gills.

Always happy with an away point team is showing fighting spirit that is now 2 games we would have lost last season when we just gave up. Only 46 points needed for safety now.

Another very enjoyable game. Really entertaining stuff from first whistle to last.

Quite a similar game to last week. Leahy even had a free-kick from 23 yards at 1-1 that would have made it even more similar.

Yes we could have won and it wouldn’t have been an injustice but a draw wasn’t either. They had chances too, Roberts made a couple of good saves and they missed from a yard out on the stroke of half time.

Four points from those two games is about right and far far better than I expected nine days ago.

2 Likes

Anyone know how you watch the re runs of the match on ifollow?

Saddlers on Quest

(Best I can do at the moment, using a screen recorder.)

On ifollow you select matches and then the results tab. It shows the results and underneath each game shows highlights or full game, but it takes a day or so before they appear.

1 Like

So been back for a few hours now, my thoughts…

Very impressed with us again today, we need to be more clinical which I’m sure will come in time. First half was pretty much all us, I nearly had to sit down as I couldn’t deal with the amount of attacking we were doing, i’m Not used to that anymore!

Somehow made it to HT without scoring so 0-0, and you just knew Scunthorpe were going to score first and they did 3 mins after the break, although there appears/appeared to be some discussion about their player being offside, but that’s by the by.

We then went flat for about 5-10 minutes until we got the penalty, which Zeli scored after winning it. COok tried to get the ball but Ismail having none of it!

Towards the end, Cook, who had a relatively quiet game and was quite anonymous for large parts, headed agains the bar and Ferrier couldn’t convert the rebound from close range.

I’d have taken the point before the game but honestly feel that it’s 2 points dropped after watching it!

Special mention for Liam Kinsella, who for me is proving he is a more than adequate CM for us and League One and actually made some key tackles and interceptions. Good to see him growing into the team now finally!

It was also funny seeing Borthwick-Jackson from Man Utd ■■■■■■■■ his pants every time Ismail got near him. Zeli had him on the back foot all second half!

Also, Luke Leahy is still our weak link defensively. Water is wet in other news.

2 Likes

Response I got from iFollow last season:

“On-demand replays are available noon BST the day after the live event. Match Day Pass would be made available to watch the replay within a 24 hour period (Non-refundable).”

1 Like

Very happy with yesterdays performance, yes we could have won it but despite having them worried and on the back foot for large parts thanks to Ginnelly and Zeli, it was a bit open at times and we still have defensive frailties, the half clearance that led to their goal being one of them, however they are slowly disappearing.

Personally, my MOTM would go to either Zeli or Ferrier. They couldn’t handle Zeli and looked worried, doubling up at times in the second half. Ferrier though was outstanding, he held the ball up well, he’s quick, intelligent and strong.

2 Likes