Season ends now!

They are trying to keep everybody happy and that is impossible.

Its going to end up an absolute mess, in keeping with the way football is ran over here. A circus.

Just make the call and stick to it ffs.

Wouldn’t Barrow come up anyway as our division will be a team light even with Stevenage staying up? :thinking:

I thought they weren’t relegating anyone?

They haven’t decided anything about promotion or relegation yet.
Deciding not to play out the rest of the season was the easy part.
Promotion and relegation is where the lawers and courts come into it when the clubs start sueing the EFL.

If they’re promoting teams then Stevanage should be relegated. What’s point in play offs? Just promote 4th placed team and stop faffing about!

1 Like

It seems that League One clubs can’t agree their way forward. If there is no relegation from L1, there can be no promotion from L2.

AND I would be mightily unimpressed if Bolton, yet again, get away with the conduct that should have seen them thrown out of the league. The punishment for their repeated misconduct should have been no less than that suffered by Bury.

I watch with interest.

1 Like

I wonder historically how many teams in the play off spots with 10 games to go were still there at the end of the season
However they do it it won’t be fair
I say roll this season and next into one giving the teams a fair chance of reaching their potential.or failing more miserably than they are now.

I tried to drive into Barrow once…it was shut!
A hell hole that makes Workington & Carlisle look like Disneyworld.
Note that the 1st Division can’t agree…no wrong, Bolton would be relegated, so the ‘Manure’ of that Division will not allow such an abomination to occur!

Must admit I don’t fancy Barrow at the moment as it has the highest infection rate in the country!

Even the rats have abandoned the area.

Ah ok, now you say it that makes sense

I think that the EFL will say that as there have been no playoffs in the National league and as the 2 promoted teams are supposed to be the 1st place and the winner of the playoffs, then only the first placed team will be promoted. There being no winner of the playoffs.
Therefore Stevenage will be retained in the league 2. Barrow will be promoted from the National League as Champions.

1 Like

Clubs can threaten all they like but any legal challenge to any solution can be defended using a force majeure argument.

Logical thing to do is void the season. Then throw Bolton out.

Disclaimer: I am a bush lawyer, not a real one.

1 Like

I don’t think Stevenage should be relegated - the season hasn’t been completed and I wouldn’t be happy about it if it were us. We could still promote Barrow to replace Bury.

1 Like

Let’s remember to finish the season all clubs would have to spend ridiculous money on testing kits. Drop in the ocean at prem level, not so much down here.

I can see the logic. I assume Barrow will still come up given with Bury’s demise there was odd number of teams in league 1 so that would’ve been re-addressed for next season anyway.

Now the hard part will be getting next season up and running in some form. Looks doubtful whether football will be played in June so not really sure the situation will be that much better in August and then you have likely disruption during the winter.

3 Likes

I think we will need to learn to live with Covid-19. It ain’t going away anytime soon and we can’t keep locking down every time there is an outbreak. Drugs will be developed to treat it and there might be a vaccine. Social distancing will continue in some form but life must go on. Hopefully, we can get through next season uninterrupted.

2 Likes

That whole coast is a bit weird - makes Stoke look futuristic. When I was at Lancaster University in the mid-1970s I played hockey in the Cumbria League around there against the likes of Vickers, Glaxo & Ulverston. Getting there was brilliant, stopping off for a few pints in the Lakes before the game, but when we got there it was grim. A couple of memories stand out - one match played on Walney Island off Barrow when play was halted by an invasion of wild horses that just appeared out of nowhere, and a game at British Steel in Workington when we were all ■■■■■■ by the time we got there and went 2-0 down after 2 minutes, then sobered up and won 3-2. It was also fun playing against Windscale because they all worked at the Sellafield nuclear power plant and held their sticks the wrong way round. Basically they were mutants. Happy days.

3 Likes

It wasn’t me. Says ‘post removed by author’ in the logs, So you must’ve pressed the wrong button. I’ll restore it.

Mate I wasn’t even on the site when it went! Appreciated though - whatever happened…

Gremlins in the system obvs :wink:

Now then, now then, i worked at Windscale as it was then in the late 70`s ill have you know Cooky.
And yes, there is something seriously not right with the locals.

1 Like