Season Tickets 22/23 - Final Thread

My better half has been getting all excited that I was packing it in too :joy:

If Flynn gets us to a top half finish, they’ll be flying off the shelf come June.

4 Likes

No brainer for me as I pick up currys and samosas from Harguns sweet centre Caldmore (advert)to supply Shropshire with
Quality food so yes I’ll get a season ticket when available.

Why do people think they should get a huge discount? Do they not realise that will have a direct impact on the playing budget?

Maybe not a “huge discount” but I believe that there should be some kind of loyalty dividend.

Might be something like a “ten year club”. Those who have had season tickets for a decade or more get a range of benefits. This could take the form of discounts on merchandise, a first tier on ticket prioritisation, maybe a free meal in the posh bit.

I reckon our ten year club would have about 1200 members so it wouldn’t be a massive undertaking.

2 Likes

Basically a lot of current season ticket holders on here, me included, have said we will not renew next season as we feel we have been tricked with false promises for a few seasons now. Many of us left our money in during the pandemic too which some couldn’t really afford to do due to redundancies, furlough payments etc. Now although we have started well with Flynn, how many people will want to see a show of intent before parting with more cash? This could mean that the club receives no money from these people at all but giving out a discount to current s t holders as a ‘thank you for your loyalty’ could mean at least some money will come in before people have had a chance to judge the club on its summer transfer business. It would also be a gesture of goodwill on the club’s part and help bring the club and fans closer together.

4 Likes

If there wasn’t a good discount it might not be worth bothering with if you miss a couple of matches for holidays and the odd occasion for whatever reason Night matches are a pain even living 8 miles away

I think Flynn is a very good appointment, but let’s not forget we thought that about Clarke, and we’re enthused by the appointment of Taylor.

The season ticket pricing is the next big opportunity for the club, or pitfall given their approach to other things.

I posted the above towards the tail end of last season in jest. Given the statements/promises made by the club over the last two years such as top 7 budget, giving it a go etc. I keep looking at it thinking this is what they should do.

As supporters we have put our money where our mouths are by keeping it in the club during COVID through to buying more season tickets this season. Our return on investment is next to nothing. Just offering a bit of discount via an early bird (that is likely to be higher priced) won’t cut it this year in my opinion.

We have been asking for the 5 year plan for ages, with clear goals and targets that the board can be held accountable for. Well this is one way of doing just that over a season. If refunds are to be made it shouldn’t come from the playing budget, the board should fund it themselves. You will then see what giving it a good go looks like, together with a match day fan experience as they look to extract every pound they can from supporters through good food, beer, entertainment etc.

4 Likes

The early bird scheme does appear to be a bit of a gimmick - a sort of DFS type advert where the full price is a bit of a joke.
Looking around some of the other league 2 clubs, their ST prices are more in line with our early bird than with the full price tickets.

2 Likes

The price difference is quite significant after the early bird finishes isn’t it?

Can’t argue with the price of the early birds as a rule though. £250 for me and my two boys (even if one won’t come) Just over £11 a game is good value. I spend a bit a the ground on the lad but you try taking a kid out for the afternoon for £20 these days.

I wonder how many actually buy the season tickets at full price after the early bird finishes. I don’t think it would be that many as a rule, but maybe this time more will hold fire.

Would be interesting to see the figures. It could be a disincentive to buy one for people that are on the fence and would rather wait and see , or are unable to commit for whatever reason. Almost an extra fiver a game on an adult ticket.

Pomlett you are having a giraffe

Sack the board

I’ll be there and encouraging others to do the same, Walsall is for life not just on fleeting occasions when we’re good.

1 Like

Clapping along still in the Midlands Combination. At least Everton Andy will have some space to come and watch.

Would have to go back a way for that fleeting occasion hey.

Get a grip. Tonight was a bad night at the office, we need to move on quickly but in the previous 2 games we’ve beaten the top 2 in the league. We will stay up especially now with Mick Flynn in charge, a hugely impressive appointment. I don’t support Walsall for the glory and it is the hurt and anger we all feel now that will make the good times feel good when they come back, especially for those of us who stick with the club.

No one supports Walsall for the glory :joy:

1 Like

Are you saying that I don’t stick with the Club? Just because you pander to every single move the Club makes doesn’t mean you’re a better supporter. I’ll be there next season again and will always be behind the team during the game, the difference is that myself and many others are able to point out our very obvious and systematic flaws.

The fact that two 1-0 wins are enough to convince you that the circus at the top are competent says much more about you. Get a grip.

3 Likes

I don’t pander to everything they do, I don’t agree with every decision they make but I support the club and we are much stronger together than we are infighting. The owner is one of us, he will be hurting as much as we all are. Ultimately though if we’re in the Championship or the Unibond league it’s still my Walsall and my support is unconditional.

Congratulations on writing a paragraph without actually making a point.

2 Likes