Show of support

Can I just add that the whole “paedo” and even more ridiculous and embarrassing “dog wank” bullshit was well over the line before DC’s tragedy.
It hasn’t suddenly become “worse” because of it, it was always disgusting.

30 Likes

I agree, I was going to post something similar earlier but didn’t get round to it.

The away win at Vale was the best day/night I have had following Walsall with my young Son with me. The shine was taken off it a little by some of the chants.

6 Likes

I don’t know what happened in DC’s life, God bless him whatever it is.

All clubs have moronic fans, we are certainly no exception.
Youth and immaturity are somewhat to blame, mix that with some (a lot, in most cases) alcohol, that’s what fuels the demons!

There were a couple of idiots in the saddlers suite to the left of the stage as you look at it sat under the TV screen signing it the other week it’s embarrassing and most definitely scumbag level.It’s one thing saying his football and constantly changing of tactics or even starting with the wrong formation on numerous occasions(all valid points) it’s quite another saying the other stuff.If you have an opinion you get thought more of by going about it the right way abuse isn’t the right way.

What a joke that would make our club look! And as for your suggestion, why, make our fans look like fools?

Darrell has been through a tough time - and I’m sorry for his loss and the circumstances around it. But it was months ago now, the guy probably just wants to get on with his life and not have condolences to remind him of his loss. Let’s just get on with business as if it was any other manager - he didn’t do anything special with us but he also wasn’t the worst. Lets get behind our own manager and team, lets try and keep Vale in League 2!

Edit: Before anyone twists what I’m saying, I’m not condoning any abuse or offensive chants towards him, I’m simply saying treat him as if it was any other manager.

4 Likes

I’ll stand quietly. It’s a shame he’s gone through something, as always.

It’s a bridge too far to be pretending I have respect for a bloke who to my mind showed us zero, but it’s not the time to be getting on his back either.

7 Likes

I always love this point about anything that’s wrong with the world. Because of course, football fans have never been idiots beyond the last 20 years …

3 Likes

You will all think a idiot but here goes…

First of all id like too say i send all my best wish’s too DC having lost my own son i know his pain on every level and im currently in a battle too keep my mother on this green earth, So yes any human will send best wish’s and will always feel sorry for him and his loved ones…But that is where it stops…We have a decent fans base and im sorry many many of ours loose family members from son’s too daughter all the time, do these get a mention? Being WFC fans they are the club the life blood of this club, but we can give all our support too a man who left us and left us with no good will other than his own gain…So why so much support? What makes him so special? Like i said its not nice and NO ONE should ever have too go thru this, But too go too such levels as send him a card? I think its OTT and cringable… MIllions of people go thru this so hes on the same list as them and are we going too send them all cards etc? He wasnt a good manager here, he left us in cheap dirty ways and now we send him a card etc…I send him my best wishs but thats it!!! Talk about OTT…

Now ISSA are you a gorup too represent the fans or represent yourselfs and push your ideas too others like its the only choice? I seem too see a pattern like most supporters groups…Now im not knocking the work you do at all levels from the kids too the feeding people its un real work and your genuine good people i know that, no other group of people have every gave so much but sometimes you forget your here too represent the fans not yourself then get the fans on board…I do hope people get what i have been trying too say. Its tough times down at WFC and many things are still too come out in the wash im sure. Dont get lost in the limelight and go OTT we have our own we need too look after!

I DO NOT agree with racist or OTT abuse but i most defiantly will not be opening my open like a love in with DC, Him and his Vale rats can go swivel

4 Likes

Mr. Clarke has not wanted any widespread reporting of the details of the loss that he and his family have suffered. That is his choice and should be respected.
I don’t think he would ever have expected a warm welcome from Saddlers fans, given the circumstances of his leaving, but the nature of the abuse he has been subjected to is shameful in any circumstances.
I’d think that given what has happened to him in recent weeks he will not be bothered by all that crap now anyway.

6 Likes

Whilst I fully understand the motivation behinc the call for a show of support for DC I dont think an overt display of supprt is necessary. Just the fact that there is no repeat of the pointless songs will be sign enough of our respect for the situation. Of course I have no problem with any fans that wish to publicly show their compassion to DC.

8 Likes

I agree with this.

I dont really agree with the whole abusive chants towards him, even more so with his situation. But for instance say if we go 1-0 up and/or win the game, i see nothing wrong with chants towards him like we did in November like “Darrell’s at the wheel” and “Darrell, what the score?” because at the end of the day it’s a local derby and we could prevent Vale from being promoted, which would sure be something for us to cheer about.

3 Likes

I tend to agree with the point Butters made about why is DC so special when people are losing their loved ones every single day.
I feel sorry for what he’s been through and genuinely wish him well but that’s a far as it goes for me.
He dishonored his agreement with the club by walking out, I lost total respect for him after that.
ISSA have done great work over the years and will continue to do so. However, I did feel they were a little too pushy when saying “lets all” and “I call on all Saddlers fans” to give him a huge round of applause on Saturday. We haven’t given anyone huge applause since we went to Wembley!

2 Likes

I do wonder if Vale go one nil up whether their fans will go “nah lads, lets not take the piss, they were nice to Darrell” …

1 Like

Yeah, no chance of that happening :smile:

1 Like

It beggars belief that all fans don’t want to come together and offer Clarke our best wishes.

That has nothing to do with the game itself. I, and I’m sure all other Walsall fans, hope we put several goals past Vale and dent their promotion hopes.

But, for the man, whatever the rights and wrongs of his time here, we should offer something out of the ordinary. Whatever the rights and wrongs of his time here, what he has suffered is something surely we can all offer compassion and support for. Yes, I’m sure there are fans etc who have suffered similar. I’d hope we would all offer compassion to them as well.

If you’ve ever read the interview he gave about his family background, Clarke is someone who has had more than his fair share of suffering in his life. It really isn’t too much to show solidarity with him at this time, is it?

3 Likes

Everyone has a story behind them, with many negative and positive aspects. End of the day, he should get no different treatment than any other away manager…

1 Like

Presumably, nobody outside of Manchester should give a sh£t about Ronaldo then? Can we really not offer condolences, compassion and support to someone who has suffered a tragedy that I hope never befalls any of us on here, unless they are “one of our own”?

4 Likes

You’re taking this far too much to heart, I’m not aiming to be careless to Darrell, I’m sorry for his loss and the circumstances behind it - it’s heartbreaking for Darrell and his family. But, unfortunately, he’s not the first, and he won’t be the last to suffer that type of loss.

My point remains, it’s been over two months since Darrell’s loss, and it’s not Darrell’s first game back in management since his loss, he’s trying to ease his way back to normality. I’d guess he wouldn’t want our condolences to bring up his loss, so maybe we should “support him” in this by treating him no differently to no other opposing manager…

Well we can agree to disagree. It’s the first time that Clarke has been back to Walsall since his loss. In my opinion, it won’t bring up his loss (because that will never be out of his mind, ever again) but would show him that people support him, even when they perhaps haven’t had the best relationship in the past. I’d like him to know that the whole football world is behind him, not least Walsall supporters.

Has anyone considered what Clarke might want? He doesn’t seem to want too much media attention for whatever happened, and if he is back at work ,that suggests to me he just wants to get on with things, with as little fuss made as possible. I think he just wouldn’t want too much attention above the norm for such a match, positive or negative,from Walsall fans.

11 Likes