Sign a striker!

Come on Walsall I know you read this!!
For once spend a little cash and get us a dam striker who knows where the goal is!!!
Don’t give us another awful season in a row!

6 Likes

We really really really need to do some serious business this week. Or in the next 10 days.

It’s actually ridiculous.

6 Likes

Viva Jon Macken!

2 Likes

One striker is not going to sort this mess out :wink:

Yep I’m lost as to why we’re in this mess… again

3 Likes

You must get lost a lot then :grinning:

1 Like

In order to get this club out of this league and more appealing to sell on as time goes by Trivela have to invest in the playing staff.Currently we have signed out of contract players and are sorting the saddlers club out.They have to be careful because under this model they will either have a failing league two side to sell on or a failing league two side with a social club next to it to try and sell on.

4 Likes

I can normally find my way unlike this lot :crazy_face:

1 Like

At this point in time I’ll happily sacrifice hooters for a decent striker.

We can have a Hooters bar when we are back in the promised land of the 3rd Division.

1 Like

Mick Lynch has got a better strike rate than anyone else in the squad - give him a 2 year deal (non-negotiable)

Come back Jamie Fullarton all is forgiven. :slightly_frowning_face: Only joking but we need 2 players at least up front assuming we sign Abraham
I don’ t go to friendlies very often but from the reports it seems the 2 young lads on loan are no better than our young lads we let go. That is not a good sign for the season ahead .Neither are the injuries we have . 6 out at the moment so it will be ages before we see anything like our best team even with the players we have. What a mess!!

3 Likes

The club have made multiple offers to buy a proven striker. We are talking just below or in excess of transfer record.

1 Like

Well that’s what we must do. We need firepower and quick.

We don’t want another Makris.

He’d walk into this team! :joy:

Interesting comment. Having read your posts over the years I know you are someone to be believed . I just wonder what the problem is then . Is it wages or the position of the Club in the League ? Thanks for the information anyway it has cheered me up a little.

2 Likes

My understanding is that it is certainly still the plan. The Board and Flynn have, and continue to work tirelessly to this end. It just hasn’t happened for us yet. I’m confident that we will be in a good place come 30th July. :+1:

11 Likes

Yawn. Every season. “Don’t worry, we will get one right at the last minute!”

2 Likes

Inside knowledge?

Guaranteed his scoring record for us will be 100% better than the lad from stokes will be

1 Like