Sign a striker!

Still confident we’ll get someone in, I’m not all doom and gloom just yet. We’re clearly actively looking and trying, this time last season they were laughing at fans concerns at the lack of goals in the side…

2 Likes

Isn’t everything?

7 Likes

Maybe timmy will turn out being an Emile hesky type striker, never going to trouble the top scorers in the leagues but him being there means others score more. Owen was a prolific striker but even he said his favourite partner was hesky as he got more with him.
Sometimes it’s about the team not the individual. He might turn out to be complete tat but could be a good piece of the puzzle. Obviously need a proper striker too though as even when Wilkinson comes back I still don’t see him as an out and out striker…in his own admission neither does he

2 Likes

Wage demands are the biggest problem. The wages of the scorer, Kasey Palmer, of Coventry City’s first goal, last night are equal to Walsall’s first team total!

I think that we may be seeing the signing of a striker very soon.

Sign him up

Can he do it on a wet and windy night in Barrow?

1 Like

My god I hope you are right, otherwise we shall be approaching the top 10 from well below half way by XMas if we fail to recruit a goal scorer before the visit of the Monkey Hangers.
As most of us have mentioned this should have been sorted months ago, not left to the last minute as always.
Same old, same old, skint club, not offering decent wages that might tempt a striker to come to a 4th division bottom feeder living in the 70’s! Scratchings won’t wash these days!

He’s gonna cost us a fortune in pork scratchings!

4 Likes

The pace of Abraham with the skill, strength and quality of this lad… I like your thinking mate :+1::joy:

1 Like

Is it Andy Cook?

3 Likes

July, before the first game.

Same turning circle

1 Like

Chris Maguire been told he can leave Lincoln. I’ve liked him as a player in the past but unfortunately I think we need more of an outright goal scorer

1 Like

Lee Tomlin isn’t looking too clever these days, is he?

Lee Tomlin is smashing it for Doncaster pre season and they are very excited that he may sign :confused:

In fairness he was clearly still a very decent player (by the standards of league two) when he was with us, but equally clearly he was a long way from being properly fit. I’m not surprised other league two clubs are interested in him.

3 Likes

I totally agree