Six nil to the Saddlers, six nil to the Saddlers!

We’ve only won that once since the war - and I doubt the teams we’ve faced over the year have been any stronger than FGR’s was.

We won’t, but even so we will have to face and beat much tougher opposition than FGR youth and reserves to do so

Not really a fair like for like.

The Boer War? :rofl:

2 Likes

Are you aware that it’s £10000 for every win and £5000 per draw in the group stage .

1 Like

For the first time since the days of Ramsden I do actually believe that any prize money will genuinely go towards improving the team.

1 Like

It would pay a hell of a lot more in hard cash though!

So, two wins and a draw so far, that’s £25k.Anybody object to that?

1 Like

There is also £20000 just for being in it , !

I am aware and I still object because that is just Premier League hush money to keep all the FL clubs without any principles voting to have their B teams in our competition.

1 Like

It would be a funny old world if people were not entitled to their opinions , but come on , the competition exists , just make the most of it .

Donnington Saddler :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

I totally get and agree with people objecting to having reserve teams in the lower division cup, but…there was a time when Walsall reserves played in the West Midlands Premier league against (If I remember rightly) the likes of Hednesford, who won it the last year we played in it and Alvechurch who around the same time were reaching the proper rounds of the FA Cup, and hence could have drawn our first team in a season when they were also competing with our reserves ala West Ham and Newport this season. I just think the best way at the moment is to make sure these reserve teams get a good thrashing so when it comes to the latter stages its more meaningful for the teams that the competition was designed to be for.

“play offs”

Jesus :flushed:

1 Like

Good old Alan. Radio WM’s loss is UTS’s … loss :grinning:

4 Likes

Quentin Crisp! I heard he was quite good at the back but useless around the box.

2 Likes

He always sounds to me like Joe Gladwin from the Hovis advert…"He were a great baker were our dad "

Got to agree with you, Funk. We’ve had a lot to moan about over the last 3 seasons. We’ve had to contend with some awful football, pee-poor players and this season we’ve lost 6 on the bounce in League 2 FFS. I’m surprised that there has been so little moaning, considering how shocking it’s been. But, if we just have a little bit of success then the fans will be right behind the team. Last word: how much money does Bonser need to make out of our club? Will it ever stop? If he wrote off the rest of his loans then he could be regarded as a hero rather than a leech.

1 Like

“‘E were a reet good bog-andle maker, our old chairman. ‘E always ‘ad t’club’s best interests at ‘eart. We miss ‘im since ‘e’s gone”

1 Like

Wow :see_no_evil:

absolute moron that bloke:rofl::rofl: