So, 19/20 Squad Currently

Attack wise , I think we are still very short.

1 Like

2 wingers and a striker for me and that will do. Most of the squad already in place and were not even half way through July. Very un Walsall like! Viva la Darrel Clarke revolution

Just been chatting to a colleague of mine who’s a Saints STH about Jack Rose (he was quite complementary about him) but he lives in Bristol these days and said that Cameron Pring is an excellent player and cracking loan signing for us…

2 Likes

Think we’re definitely getting there now. Would love to see another winger and an experienced striker to come in alongside Gordon and Adebayo, in the Tommy Mooney/Martin Butler mould. Doesn’t have to be particularly prolific, but just has that bit of nous and know how to help us get through tricky games.

5 Likes

McDonald is THE winger; we are not playing with wingers.

I think we’ll get at least one more wide player in. Clarke has been quite open, and Bristol Rovers fans have confirmed, that he’s very fluid in terms of changing systems and formations both in game and week to week.

1 Like

He doesn’t as he wants to leave
You

But on the off chance he does stay

1 Like

One of my many criticisms has been leaving squad building too late. At least DC has a chance to knit this bunch into a team and get some togetherness on the go, regardless of quality. Its an often overlooked but crucial part of any successful squad…

It’s been a better day…still not excited but optimistically hopeful for all my fellow Saddlers.

2 Likes

Get the feeling Clarke is going to be the new Butler from all these reports, looking forward to seeing him live at Tranmere.

Yeah think it will be him, Scarr and Sadler to start the season, I would go with Facey ahead of Norman at right wing (he can cover on the bench).

Still need a few more attacking options imo, not sure there’s enough goals in the final third to challenge for top 7 currently but things are looking much better than since the weekend at least.

1 Like

Cautiously happy with proceedings so far, although I’m currently half cut so that could be influencing matters. A lot of players have left, but if I’m honest it’s no bad thing. Think we needed a clear out, because let’s be honest the last 3 seasons continued to worsen. I wish no ill will on the players that have left but I’m not going to miss any of them.

New management, will be interesting to see how he shapes the playing side, he needs time certainly to establish his vision but he doesnt get a free pass, issues should be highlighted and dealt with. But I’m excited to see where he takes us, no bad thing having a little optimism.

Bonser - well that’s a different issue, my views are very clear on that but I’m trying not to let it govern everything about Walsall FC, because if it does then ■■■■ me there are more important things to worry about.

1 Like

Absolutely. Had to be done.

1 Like

I think the squad is currently weighted to play 3-5-2, but what about the option to play 4-4-2?

We are still short of a left winger, someone like Ginnelly.